Outlast 2 Update Adjusts The Game's Difficulty
Things should now be a bit easier, at least when playing on Normal difficulty.
The difficulty in Outlast 2 has been a source of frustration for some, but a new update aims to address those problems.
Developer Red Barrels released the patch on PC today, and among the changes is a "global rebalancing of the game difficulty." It didn't provide any specifics regarding exactly what's been tweaked, simply stating, "Today's patch introduces some minor adjustments to the game's difficulty in key areas and moments. On Normal difficulty this will offer players a more appropriately balanced experience while still maintaining higher levels of challenge on Hard and Nightmare difficulties."
The update otherwise largely focuses on resolving lingering bugs, although it does increase the size of subtitles and makes it so that the in-game camera's microphone doesn't require additional batteries to use. The full patch notes follow at the bottom of this post.
Outlast 2 May 5 Update Patch Notes
- Global rebalancing of the game difficulty.
- Microphone no longer uses extra batteries.
- Increased the size of subtitles.
- Fixed an issue on Intel HD 4000 cards where most dynamic lights were missing.
- Fixed an issue where flickering black squares appear in the center of the screen at some specific resolutions.
- Fixed an issue with alternate controller mappings and the camcorder UI.
- Fixed an issue with double doors where one of them is locked.
- Fixed an issue causing lost save games when Steam somehow fails to initialize.
- Fixed some heretic sound effects.
- Fixed multiple minor gameplay issues (collisions, crawling, tutorials, etc.)
- Fixed multiple rare crashes.
- Added a "-refreshrate 60" command-line parameter to specify a preferred refresh rate (replace 60 by the desired refresh rate).
- Added a "-notexturelimit" command-line parameter to remove texture size limits based on VRAM amount.
- Added a "-borderless" command-line parameter to use borderless fullscreen and not have to edit INI files.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.