Octodad Devs Bringing Bizarre Adventure Game Bugsnax To The PS5
Coming from the developers of Octodad, Bugsnax is a new PS5 game where you interact and raise an island filled with talking food.
Debuting at Sony's PlayStation 5 livestream, Bugsnax is the next game from Octodad developers Young Horses. Keeping up with the quirkiness of their last game, Bugsnax is set on an island known as Snaktooth Island, where stray fruit and bits of fast food are scattered about. In the trailer, it was revealed that the island is filled with bug-food hybrid creatures that can grow eyes and began walking upright, talking and interacting with one another. A talking walrus explains that you'll be helping each of the talking creatures. Bugsnax is set to release this year on PS5 and PC via the Epic Games Store this holiday season.
In a press release, the developers describe it as a "whimsical, narrative-driven adventure game." In the game, you'll explore the island filled with 100 different species of creatures, and you'll be able to capture and collect each one. The island also features different biomes, where unique creatures inhabit. You'll also be able to customize your favorite ones. Over the course of the game, you'll learn more about the origins of the island and the creatures that live there.
"We just love making weird stuff. It's been tough staying silent all these years, and it brings us joy and relief and dread to finally show off Bugsnax," said Young Horses creative director Kevin Zuhn in the press release for Bugsnax. "It's so much bigger and weirder than we ever could have imagined when we started. It surprises and delights us constantly and we hope it has the same effect on all of you."
There's much more to see from Bugsnax and PS5 game reveals and announcements from the stream, including these first images of the PS5 console. Sadly, Sony says we'll have to wait a bit longer for the PS5's price and release date.
- PS5 Preorder Guide: Where To Preorder PS5 Accessories And Games
- Cyberpunk 2077 Boss Defends Final-Month Crunch
- PS5's Spider-Man Remastered Gives Peter Parker A Facelift
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies Mode Detailed
- PlayStation Gift Guide 2020: Best Gifts For PS5 And PS4 Owners
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Reportedly Working 6-Day Weeks To Finish The Game
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure Preorders: Adorable Special Edition Revealed
- Parents' Guide To Next-Gen Consoles: PS5 And Xbox Series X/S Explained
- PS4 Saves Won't Transfer To PS5 In Yakuza: Like A Dragon
- CoD: Black Ops Cold War Zombies Reveal Teased For This Week
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.