Octodad Devs Bringing Bizarre Adventure Game Bugsnax To The PS5
Coming from the developers of Octodad, Bugsnax is a new PS5 game where you interact and raise an island filled with talking food.
Debuting at Sony's PlayStation 5 livestream, Bugsnax is the next game from Octodad developers Young Horses. Keeping up with the quirkiness of their last game, Bugsnax is set on an island known as Snaktooth Island, where stray fruit and bits of fast food are scattered about. In the trailer, it was revealed that the island is filled with bug-food hybrid creatures that can grow eyes and began walking upright, talking and interacting with one another. A talking walrus explains that you'll be helping each of the talking creatures. Bugsnax is set to release this year on PS5 and PC via the Epic Games Store this holiday season.
In a press release, the developers describe it as a "whimsical, narrative-driven adventure game." In the game, you'll explore the island filled with 100 different species of creatures, and you'll be able to capture and collect each one. The island also features different biomes, where unique creatures inhabit. You'll also be able to customize your favorite ones. Over the course of the game, you'll learn more about the origins of the island and the creatures that live there.
"We just love making weird stuff. It's been tough staying silent all these years, and it brings us joy and relief and dread to finally show off Bugsnax," said Young Horses creative director Kevin Zuhn in the press release for Bugsnax. "It's so much bigger and weirder than we ever could have imagined when we started. It surprises and delights us constantly and we hope it has the same effect on all of you."
There's much more to see from Bugsnax and PS5 game reveals and announcements from the stream, including these first images of the PS5 console. Sadly, Sony says we'll have to wait a bit longer for the PS5's price and release date.
- PS5 Pre-Order Guide: Retail Listings, DualSense Controller Info, And More
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 Pre-Order Guide: Prices For Every Edition And More
- Godfall PS5 Gameplay Details: Weapon Classes, Co-op, No Microtransactions, And More
- Sony Reveals New PlayStation 5 Game Hood During State Of Play
- Hitman 3 Is Getting A PSVR Mode That Includes The Entire Trilogy
- Temtem Is Coming To PS5, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch In 2021
- Bugsnax Gets Gameplay Debut At PlayStation State Of Play
- Braid Anniversary Edition Announced At PlayStation Event
- PlayStation State Of Play: PS5 Games And Everything Shown
- Marvel's Avengers Beta Impressions: Some Assembly Required
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org