October video game sales
Despite launching at the end of the month, GTA: Vice City is sitting atop NPD's top-10 video game sales chart for October.
Rockstar Games' criminally good action sequel GTA: Vice City has shot straight to the top of NPD's latest video game sales chart, despite not going on sale until the end of the month. Only a single non-PS2 game has made it into the top 10 this month, despite the fact that many of the games listed are also available on other platforms.
September / October / Title / Platform / Publisher / Average Price
* / 1 / Grand Theft Auto: Vice City / PS2 / Rockstar Games / $48
* / 2 / NBA Live 2003 / PS2 / Electronic Arts / $50
2 / 3 / Kingdom Hearts / PS2 / Square EA / $50
1 / 4 / Madden NFL 2003 / PS2 / Electronic Arts / $50
* / 5 / Hitman 2: Silent Assassin / PS2 / Eidos / $50
* / 6 / Yu-Gi-Oh! Eternal / GBA / Konami / $28
* / 7 / Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 / PS2 / Activision / $50
* / 8 / Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers / PS2 / Electronic Arts / $50
* / 9 / Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 / PS2 / Electronic Arts / $50
5 / 10 / Tekken 4 / PS2 / Namco / $50
The list above ranks games according to retail sales. To see a list of games ranked according to GameSpot review score, visit our
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org