The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
All The Biggest Games Releasing Next Month: November 2021 Game Release Schedule
November has no shortage of games, as Call of Duty: Vanguard, Forza Horizon 5, and many more gear up to debut in the penultimate month of 2021.
November is usually the end-boss of the gaming calendar, a month where the biggest blockbusters of the industry fight it out for the attention and wallets of gamers right before the festive season commences. And while this upcoming November may not be as big as other years, there are still plenty of big-budget AAA gaming experiences, ambitious games on the other end of the spectrum, and a small army of indie titles caught in the middle.
Between a return to the European frontlines to smash the Nazi war machine, a trip to Mexico to burn some rubber, and a nostalgia-fueled remake of a beloved pair of Pokemon games, there's probably at least one game on this list that you'll want to pick up. Here's a look at some of the highlights for November.
Call Of Duty: Vanguard (Nov. 5)
After several games that stretched across the past, present, and future of warfare, Call of Duty's going back to the trenches of World War II for this year's entry in the annual blockbuster franchise. With Sledgehammer Games at the helm, Call of Duty: Vanguard takes place across multiple theaters of war across the world, chronicling the rise of special forces during the conflict. As usual, you can expect three main modes to play in--campaign, multiplayer, and Zombies--and even a brand-new single from Jack White. Vanguard will launch on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC.
Forza Horizon 5 (Nov. 9)
The Forza Horizon series has become Microsoft's go-to franchise for showcasing fast cars in stunning detail, and this November that legacy will continue with Forza Horizon 5's trip to Mexico. With an extra year of development behind this sequel, the end result looks like an even more refined take on the formula that has produced some of its most exhilarating courses and wildest challenges yet. And of course, a lot of cars. Forza Horizon 5 is exclusive to Xbox and PC, and it'll be available to play day one for Game Pass subscribers.
See our Forza Horizon 5 preorder guide.
Shin Megami Tensei V (Nov. 12)
Between high-octane racing and several flavors of military first-person shooters, Shin Megami Tensei V's arrival this month brings a welcome injection of weirdness to the gaming calendar. Like previous games in the series, Shin Megami Tensei V focuses on a protagonist who battles numerous demons after having somehow being transported to an alternate dimension version of Tokyo that has been overrun by the forces of the underworld.
The ability to fuse with demons returns, as does the high-risk and high-reward gameplay that has become a staple of the Shin Megami Series. The flashy anime visuals of this Nintendo Switch exclusive will likely be another perfect showcase for the OLED model which arrived in October.
See our Shin Megami Tensei V preorder guide.
Battlefield 2042 (Nov 19)
The next installment in the Battlefield series is a multiplayer-focused entry set in a near-future where climate change has wreaked untold havoc across the globe. While Battlefield 2042 has no single-player campaign, there's still plenty of narrative content to sink your teeth into as the game deals with new nomad nations caught in the middle of a war between the US and Russia for the dwindling resources left on the planet.
Another big feature in the game is Portal, a mode that lets players create their own Battlefield fantasy using a powerful creation suite and maps pulled from older Battlefield games. While you won't be making a battle royale in this creation suite, the versatility of these tools will allow you to experiment with other modes so that Battlefield 2042 can thrive as a community-driven game after launch.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (Nov 19)
The Nintendo Switch's last major exclusive in 2021 is a blast from the past. Pokemon fans will be able to return to the Nintendo DS era with full remakes of Diamond and Pearl. This is the first time that Pokemon's fourth generation of catch 'em all action has received the remake treatment. The game mixes chibi-inspired visuals when exploring the Sinnoh region with more dynamic character models during battle sequences.
New features include character customization, the return of The Underground under the new name of The Grand Underground, Poke Ball decorations, the Union Room, Super Contest Shows, and Pokémon being able to hop out of their Poke Ball so that they can follow players around in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
November 2021 video game releases
And for everything else coming out next month, here's the full list of what you can expect to see.
- Giants Uprising - Steam Early Access (PC) - November 2
- World War Z (Switch) - November 2
- Conway: Disappearance at Dahlia View (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch) - November 2
- Time Loader (PC) - November 3
- Just Dance 2022 (Switch, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Stadia) - November 4
- Where Cards Fall (PC, Switch) - November 4
- Call of Duty: Vanguard (PC, PS4, PS5 Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 5
- Kid A Mnesia Exhibition (PC, PS5) - November 5
- Forza Horizon 5 (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 9
- Blue Reflection: Second Light (PC, PS4, PS5, Switch) - November 9
- Clunky Hero - Steam Early Access (PC) - November 9
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 9
- Synthetik 2 - Steam Early Access (PC) - November 11
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 11
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 11
- Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - November 12
- Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda - November 12
- Sherlock Holmes Chapter One (PC, PS5, Xbox Series X|S) - November 16
- The Waylanders (PC) - November 16
- Moncage (PC, iOS, Android) - November 16
- The Last Stand: Aftermath (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S) - November 16
- Battlefield 2042 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 19
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl (Switch) - November 19
- Re: Legend (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) - November 21
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (PC, Mac, PS4, PS5) - November 23
- Evil Genius 2: World Domination (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 30
- Beyond A Steel Sky (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S) - November 30
- Clockwork Aquario (Switch, PS4) - November 30
GameSpot Best Lists and Recommendations