No Man's Sky Band Announces Biggest-Ever Tour for a Video Game Soundtrack
UK instrumental group 65daysofstatic to perform songs from "No Man's Sky: Music for an Infinite Universe" this summer.
The band that wrote the music from the No Man's Sky soundtrack is going on tour this summer to perform songs from the space game.
In a news release today, the band UK instrumental group 65daysofstatic said the world tour is the "largest tour ever for a video game soundtrack." In addition to songs off the new album, "No Man's Sky: Music for an Infinite Universe," the group will play other songs from throughout its career.
Tickets for European dates go on sale starting June 29, with other markets to follow. You can see the rundown of tour dates announced so far below.
"No Man's Sky is a project about a borderless universe of infinite possibility. It's certainly a brighter future to imagine than the one our little country just thrust upon Europe," 65daysofstatic's Paul Wolinski said in a statement.
"We are always excited to be able to come and play shows in mainland Europe, now more than ever," he added. "Let's get some antifascist international solidarity going on & not let the demagoguery drag us down to the oblivion it has planned for us. See you on the road. Unless our passports are no good anymore."
65daysofstatic has also released a new track from the No Man's Sky soundtrack, "Parallax." You can stream it right now through the Soundcloud embed below.
No Man's Sky: Music for an Infinite Universe will be available worldwide on disc and digitally on August 5, with a vinyl release coming in Q3. There are 10 songs on the album, while there will also be a collection of "six soundscapes" featured on the disc.
"Being involved with No Man's Sky is as unlikely as it is exciting," the band said in a statement. "Two years of our lives have disappeared into a black hole and we’ve been spat out into another dimension. The project has pushed us to explore new processes and techniques, to rethink our relationship with our own music and to essentially soundtrack every narrative thread of a 'choose your own adventure' novel that exists only in our minds. We're really proud of the results, and can't wait to release the album and play it live."
In April, Murray talked about why No Man's Sky was almost canceled and shared a story about snubbing Kanye West (sort of). Hello Games recently settled a three-year legal battle over the No Man's Sky name, allowing the title to stay the same.
No Man's Sky is now scheduled to arrive on August 9 in North America, followed by August 10 in Europe, and August 12 in the UK.
Recently, developer Hello Games explained No Man's Sky's E3 no-show and said the game's delay from June to August was the right call.
European Tour Dates:
- 17-Oct O13, TILBURG, NETHERLANDS
- 18-Oct Les 4 Ecluses, DUNKERQUE, FRANCE
- 19-Oct Badaboum, PARIS, FRANCE
- 20-Oct La Rodia, BESANCON, FRANCE
- 21-Oct Usine (PTR), GENEVA, SWITZERLAND
- 22-Oct Bergmal Festival, ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
- 24-Oct Razzmatazz 2, BARCELONA, SPAIN
- 25-Oct But, MADRID, SPAIN
- 26-Oct Hard Club, PORTO, PORTUGAL
- 29-Oct Las Armas, ZARAGOZA, SPAIN
- 01-Nov MJC Picaud, CANNES, FRANCE
- 02-Nov Locomotiv, BOLOGNA, ITALY
- 03-Nov Monk, ROME, ITALY
- 04-Nov Magnolia, MILAN, ITALY
- 05-Nov Mame, PADOVA, ITALY
- 06-Nov Kranhalle, MUNCHEN, GERMANY
- 07-Nov WUK, VIENNA, AUSTRIA
- 08-Nov Meet Factory, PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC
- 09-Nov C-Theatre, BERLIN, GERMANY
- 10-Nov Uebel & Gefährlich, HAMBURG, GERMANY
- 11-Nov Q Factory, AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
- 13-Nov Botanique, BRUSSELS, BELGIUM
- 14-Nov Islington Assembly Hall, LONDON, UK
- 15-Nov Marble Factory, BRISTOL, UK
- 16-Nov Plug, SHEFFIELD, UK
- 17-Nov Sage 2, NEWCASTLE, UK
- 18-Nov Art School, GLASGOW, UK
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org