No Free Witcher 3 DLC This Week, But Major Patch Announced
"Various improvements to horse behavior" are among the changes included with patch 1.07.
Halo Infinite - Everything To Know Diablo Immortal Cycle Introduction Trailer Lineage2M Cinematic Trailer Dying Light 2 Stay Human New Gameplay Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker - Everything To Know Rocket League Sideswipe - Official Cinematic Trailer PlayStation Plus Games Confirmed… But Godfall Is Different | GameSpot News New Minecraft Update Is Deep | GameSpot News Halo Infinite Multiplayer Has Cheaters Because Of Course It Does | GameSpot News Halo Infinite Co-Op Campaign - Why You Have To Wait | GameSpot News Mass Effect Legendary Edition Coming Soon To Xbox Game Pass? | GameSpot News Get Classic GTA Trilogy For Free… If You Buy The Broken Version | GameSpot News
Polish developer CD Projekt Red has released the first details about an upcoming Witcher 3: Wild Hunt patch in development for all platforms. The 1.07 patch is described as "very large," making a number of changes, the first of which were detailed on Monday in a forum post.
Among the key changes are "various improvements" to horse behavior, the introduction of an item-stashing system, numerous bug fixes, and an "alternative movement response mode" for Geralt. This will be optional, but no further details were made available today.
You can see some of the big changes coming to The Witcher 3 through the 1.07 update below. The full patch notes, meanwhile, will be announced later this week.
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned," meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes, and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
CD Projekt Red also shared some less-than-great news today, announcing that it will not release free DLC this week for The Witcher 3 as was previously planned. This is because CD Projekt Red is "all hands on deck" right now working to finish and launch patch 1.07.
The Witcher 3's next free DLC will launch next week. This DLC may take the form of an extra costume for Ciri, according to one Twitter user who was able to download it early.
However, CD Projekt Red warns against downloading this DLC right now, as it was released prematurely and could have issues.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.