No Free Witcher 3 DLC This Week, But Major Patch Announced
"Various improvements to horse behavior" are among the changes included with patch 1.07.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
God Of War: A Look At The Franchise's History How God Of War's Progression System Works Best New PC Games: Radical Heights Takes Steam By Storm, For Better Or Worse | Steam Punks Avengers: Infinity War -- Infinity Stones Explained The First 9 Minutes Of God Of War We Send Doom's Graphics To Hell And Back | Potato Mode Deadpool 2 Director Is Adapting A Video Game - GS News Update Rainbow Six Siege Hits Record Number Of Players - GS News Update Fortnite: Battle Royale Offering Double XP This Weekend; New Update Out Now - GS News Update PUBG Getting Map Selection On PC, Adding Cave System To Codename: Savage - GS News Update Xbox's E3 2018 Plans And Fan Events Further Detailed - GS News Update Fortnite's Guided Missile Has Been Removed (For Real This Time) - GS News Update
Polish developer CD Projekt Red has released the first details about an upcoming Witcher 3: Wild Hunt patch in development for all platforms. The 1.07 patch is described as "very large," making a number of changes, the first of which were detailed on Monday in a forum post.
Among the key changes are "various improvements" to horse behavior, the introduction of an item-stashing system, numerous bug fixes, and an "alternative movement response mode" for Geralt. This will be optional, but no further details were made available today.
You can see some of the big changes coming to The Witcher 3 through the 1.07 update below. The full patch notes, meanwhile, will be announced later this week.
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned," meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes, and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
CD Projekt Red also shared some less-than-great news today, announcing that it will not release free DLC this week for The Witcher 3 as was previously planned. This is because CD Projekt Red is "all hands on deck" right now working to finish and launch patch 1.07.
The Witcher 3's next free DLC will launch next week. This DLC may take the form of an extra costume for Ciri, according to one Twitter user who was able to download it early.
However, CD Projekt Red warns against downloading this DLC right now, as it was released prematurely and could have issues.