No Free Witcher 3 DLC This Week, But Major Patch Announced
"Various improvements to horse behavior" are among the changes included with patch 1.07.
E3 2019 Press Conference Schedule Revealed: Nintendo, Microsoft, Square Enix, And More - GS News Update Avengers: Endgame Passes Avatar in the US Box Office, Still Behind Worldwide - GS Universe News Update Game Of Thrones Series Finale Breakdown -- "The Iron Throne" Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- May 19-25 2019 Pokémon Go June Community Day Announced - GS News Update More Gen 4 Pokémon, Glaceon, And Leafeon Now Available In Pokemon Go - GS News Update Nioh 2 Closed Alpha Test Starts Soon - GS News Update Fortnite Update 9.10 Adds Air Jordans And More - GS News Update PS5 Load Times Shown Off In New Video - GS News Update Apex Legends Update Tweaks Wraith And Pathfinder - GS News Update PlayStation Movie Studio Has Opened - GS News Update Capcom Talks Next-Gen Consoles And Games - GS News Update
Polish developer CD Projekt Red has released the first details about an upcoming Witcher 3: Wild Hunt patch in development for all platforms. The 1.07 patch is described as "very large," making a number of changes, the first of which were detailed on Monday in a forum post.
Among the key changes are "various improvements" to horse behavior, the introduction of an item-stashing system, numerous bug fixes, and an "alternative movement response mode" for Geralt. This will be optional, but no further details were made available today.
You can see some of the big changes coming to The Witcher 3 through the 1.07 update below. The full patch notes, meanwhile, will be announced later this week.
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned," meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes, and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
CD Projekt Red also shared some less-than-great news today, announcing that it will not release free DLC this week for The Witcher 3 as was previously planned. This is because CD Projekt Red is "all hands on deck" right now working to finish and launch patch 1.07.
The Witcher 3's next free DLC will launch next week. This DLC may take the form of an extra costume for Ciri, according to one Twitter user who was able to download it early.
However, CD Projekt Red warns against downloading this DLC right now, as it was released prematurely and could have issues.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com