Nintendo's Top 10 Best-Selling Switch Games Revealed
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate becomes the highest-selling Smash game of all time.
As part of its latest earnings report, Nintendo updated its list of the top-selling Switch games made by Nintendo and revealed some impressive statistics about attach rates.
Mario Kart 8 Ultimate is the Switch's best-selling game, with 19.01 million copies sold. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate climbed to 15.71 million units sold, which makes it the best-selling Smash game of all time. It surpasses Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii, which sold 13.3 million units. It's also ahead of the combined sales of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS (14.91 million).
Nintendo also shared new details on attach rates of its biggest games, and they are impressive. 45.6 percent of Switch players own a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, while the attach rates for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Smash Bros. Ultimate are each above 30 percent. As Ahmad reminds us, Nintendo has historically had one of the highest attach rates for a platform-holder, and it seems that is continuing with Switch.
Nintendo has always had high software attach rates, but here is a chart that puts it into perspective.— Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) October 31, 2019
45.6% of Nintendo Switch owners have a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Smash, BOTW and Odyssey have impressive attach rates too. pic.twitter.com/cjLY3FFQoa
In other news, Nintendo announced that Switch sales have climbed to 41.67 million units, which is on pace with the PS4 over the same period of time.
Best-Selling Switch Games (As of September 30)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe -- 19.01 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate -- 15.71 million
- Super Mario Odyssey -- 15.38 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- 14.54 million
- Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee -- 11.28 million
- Splatoon 2 -- 9.28 million
- Super Mario Party -- 7.59 million
- New super Mario Bros. U Deluxe -- 4.59 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 -- 3.93 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening -- 3.13 million