Nintendo Switch's Super Bomberman R Patch Improves Frame Rate, Adds Stages
Castlevania and Silent Hill characters are also coming to the game.
In addition to announcing new DLC, Konami today released a free update for Nintendo Switch launch game Super Bomberman R that dramatically improves its frame rate and adds new content.
While the patch notes remain fairly vague, stating only that the "frame rate of the entire game has been improved," players (including one at Destructoid) have reported a marked improvement in performance. It's unclear at this point if it now runs at 60 FPS, but whatever the case, you should be able to now enjoy a much smoother experience.
That also applies to online play; in matches where everyone has a good connection, latency has been reduced--or, as the patch notes put it, "less lags are likelier to happen."
Other changes include control improvements, lowering the difficulty of the Beginner and Normal settings, and removing the Gem cost after continuing in Story mode a "certain number of times." The shop also now has new accessories and four new Versus stages (pictured above), but you'll need a fair amount of in-game currency to unlock them. The full patch notes follow at the bottom of this story.
Konami has also announced new content is on the way themed around some of its other games, Famitsu reports. Characters based on Castlevania's Simon Belmont, Silent Hill's Pyramid Head, and Gradius's Vic Viper are all coming to Super Bomberman R, although a release date or possible price for these wasn't shared. We did, however, get the images above (via Destructoid) that provide some idea of what they may look like.
Super Bomberman R 1.3 Update Patch Notes
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
- If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com
Join the conversation