Nintendo Switch's Dark Souls Remastered Network Test Begins Today
You'll need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
According to Siliconera, the network test will be available for players in both North and South America, Japan, and Europe. If you decide to take part, you'll be able to play through Dark Souls' Undead Parish. The Undead Parish is one of the earliest areas you'll be able to visit in Dark Souls. It's the location where the game's environment really begins to open up, and also the place where many Dark Souls players encountered their first major challenges: online invaders and the Bell Gargoyle boss fight. The network test isn't only a good way for you to test Nintendo's Dark Souls Remastered servers, it's also a good opportunity to see if Dark Souls is the type of game you want to play.
The network test takes place over multiple periods. We've outlined the different times below.
Dark Souls Remastered Switch Network Test Times
- Period 1: September 21, 2018 at 5 PM PT to 9 PM PT / 8 PM ET to 12 AM ET
- Period 2: September 22, 2018 at 5 PM PT to 9 PM PT / 8 PM ET to 12 AM ET
- Period 3: September 23, 2018 at 5 PM PT to 9 PM PT / 8 PM ET to 12 AM ET
- Period 1: September 21, 2018 at 19:00 JST to 22:00 JST
- Period 2: September 22, 2018 at 19:00 JST to 22:00 JST
- Period 3: September 23, 2018 at 19:00 JST to 22:00 JST
- Period 1: September 21, 2018 at 17:00 UTC to 21:00 UTC
- Period 2: September 22, 2018 at 17:00 UTC to 21:00 UTC
- Period 3: September 23, 2018 at 17:00 UTC to 21:00 UTC
Dark Souls Remastered is an HD remaster of Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition, which includes the base game and the Artorias of the Abyss DLC. In our Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition review, Carolyn Petit gave the game a 9.5/10, writing, "There's so much to do and to discover in [Dark Souls'] beautiful and frightening world. You might encounter and join one of nine covenants, each with its own benefits and agendas. You might find that one NPC has murdered another and that you can invade the killer's world as a spirit of vengeance. The genius of Dark Souls isn't just in its environments, or its monsters, its thrilling combat, or the unusual and exciting ways in which players are connected. It's in the uncompromising way it throws conventional wisdom to the wind, dropping you into its dangerous world without guidance, making you fend for yourself, and teaching you to shrug off defeat time and time again to finally earn victory."
Dark Souls Remastered is already available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Following its delay, the Switch version will release on October 19.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com