Nintendo Switch Online's First "Special Offers" Revealed
Here are some of the exclusive perks you can get for subscribing to the online service.
On top of access to online play and a library of classic NES games, one of the perks of subscribing to the upcoming Nintendo Switch Online service is "special offers" available exclusively for members. So far, Nintendo hasn't revealed many details about what these offers will entail, but we've gotten a look at the first ones that will be available when the service launches.
First, Nintendo Switch Online subscribers will be able to purchase the newly revealed NES-style Joy-Con controllers. You'll only be able to order these if you have a Switch Online membership. Each set costs $60 and comes with two controllers shaped like classic NES gamepads, which can be used to play the aforementioned NES game library included in the service. The controllers can be charged by slotting them into the sides of the Switch, just as regular Joy-Cons, but they can't be used in handheld mode.
In addition to that, Switch owners who sign up for a 12-month subscription--either individually or as part of a family plan--will receive two exclusive pieces of gear in Splatoon 2: the Online Jersey and Online Squidkid V Shoes, both of which are based on the uniform worn by the winning team of the Splatoon 2 World Championship. The gear will be distributed to subscribers via email as a download code. If you're a part of a family plan, each member of the family group will receive a download code.
You can read more about the aforementioned offers on Nintendo's website. More offers will be added regularly, although the company hasn't shared any other details about the perk beyond that; during its latest Direct presentation, Nintendo said that it would reveal more information about special offers "in the future."
The Nintendo Switch Online service rolls out on September 18 in North America and September 19 in Europe and Japan. Subscriptions can be purchased in one-month (US $4 / £3.49 / AU $6), three-month (US $8 / £7 / AU $12), and 12-month (US $20 / £18 / AU $30) increments, while a 12-month family plan costs US $35 / £31.49 / AU $55.
September 2018 Nintendo Direct News
- Animal Crossing On Nintendo Switch Is Finally Happening
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Is Coming To Switch In Japan As A Streaming Game
- Luigi's Mansion 3 Announced For Nintendo Switch, Will Have 2019 Release
- Nintendo Direct Shares More Switch Online Service Details
- Katamari Damacy Remaster Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces Adds Shy Guy And Birdo Along With Co-op Modes
- Civilization 6 For Nintendo Switch Confirmed During Nintendo Direct
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Coming To Nintendo Switch In 2019
- Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Coming To Nintendo Switch And Xbox One
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Reveals Another Unexpected Character
- The Classics Of The Final Fantasy Series Make Their Debut On The Switch In 2019
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com