Nintendo Switch Is Getting Elder Scrolls Blades - Bethesda At E3 2019
Your blade just got a switch.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Bethesda's E3 2019 press conference kicked off with a sweet montage and an even sweeter announcement for Nintendo Switch owners: The Elder Scrolls Blades is coming to the hybrid console soon, for free. This coincides with the launch of a new update for the existing mobile version, which is available now.
On top of being free, the Switch version of Elder Scrolls Blades will feature cross-play and cross-save. Meaning if you start an adventure on your mobile device, you can continue where you left off, at the level you left off, on the Nintendo Switch. All of this will land on Nintendo's console-handheld hybrid this fall. You can check out the announcement trailer above.
This wasn't the only Blades news, as the game is getting a free expansion today. It adds new voiceover work, a dragon questline, and more. Free items will also be given away from E3 week. The update is out now on iOS and Android; you can check out the patch notes for more details. The highlights are included below.
There's still more news to come from Bethesda's E3 presentation, so be sure to check back here for more news, and follow our liveblog for real-time reactions to the hottest announcements.
Elder Scrolls Blades iOS/Android Update Patch Notes Highlights
- Giveaways for E3 2019: We’re giving away FREE items during the week of E3!
- iOS: If you’re playing on an Apple device, login to receive the Crimson Kiss ruby ring, the Apple Pie banner decoration, and 200 Gems.
- Android: If you’re playing on an Android device, login to receive the Cascadia sapphire ring, the Sweet Roll banner, and 200 Gems.
- All-new NPC voice-over: VO has been added to NPCs you encounter in town, during major quests, and in the solo arena battle jobs.
- New Dragon Questline: A new questline has been added featuring a fearsome Ancient Dragon and a mysterious dragonslayer.
- New Jewelry: We’ve added new skill-boosting rings and necklaces. Look for them in chests, craft them at the Smithy, or buy them at the Enchanter’s Tower.
- New Jobs and Solo Arena Battles: Adjustments and additions have been made to Jobs including the addition of Solo Arena Battles.
- Support for Players that are Level 50+: Adjustments have been made to allow for players to level up beyond 50.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org