The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Nintendo Switch Eshop's New Sale Includes Plenty Of Great Games
Dragon Ball FighterZ, Tales of Vesperia, and more are discounted in the Nintendo Switch Eshop "AniMay" sale.
Anime Month is always in February, but the Nintendo Switch Eshop has decided to drop its anime games sale in the middle of May--seemingly for no other season than that they could call it the "AniMay sale." But hey, we're always here for punny sale names and Switch deals. The AniMay sale is also joined by an Annapurna publisher sale, which features discounts on some of the best indie games on Switch. There's a lot to love in the Eshop's new sales, so let's dive in.
The highlight of the AniMay sale is definitely Dragon Ball FighterZ, which is on sale for just $15 in the Eshop right now. The fighting game kicked off its third season this February--a brand-new fighter, Kefla, joined the roster, and more characters are coming soon as part of FighterZ Pass 3.
The AniMay sale also includes great discounts on a pair of stellar Bandai Namco role-playing games. The whimsical Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is down to $30, and Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition is only $20, which is a huge savings on its normal $50 price. Numerous Naruto games are also up for grabs at 50% off, including Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy for $20. All AniMay sale prices are good until May 26 at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET.
More Nintendo Switch deals
- Super Mario Maker 2 -- $51.49 (
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe -- $50 (
- Luigi's Mansion 3 -- $50 (
- Super Mario Party -- $51.49 (
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -- $54 (
Annapurna Interactive's eclectic library of indies are receiving nice discounts until May 28 at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET. The surreal adventure Kentucky Route Zero finally came to a close earlier this year with Act V, and the TV Edition is on sale for $18.74. For more narrative-focused adventures, check out Gone Home for $7.49 and What Remains of Edith Finch for $10. Both games tell poignant stories about a family's heartbreak and struggles. And if you're into Dark Souls, don't sleep on Ashen for $24, a challenging action game set in a beguiling world.
We've rounded up the best Nintendo Switch deals below, and you can see the full sale at the Eshop. For more deals, we have a handy roundup with all of the best digital game deals on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC. The Epic Games Store just kicked off a huge sale (which includes Grand Theft Auto V for free), and Fanatical is hosting a massive May sale featuring more than 6,000 titles.
Best deals on Nintendo Eshop
- Ashen -- $24 (
- Axiom Verge -- $12 (
- Beat Cop -- $4 (
- Children of Morta -- $14.73 (
- Deadly Premonitions Origins -- $15 (
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition -- $30 (
- Donut County -- $6.49 (
- Dragon Ball FighterZ -- $15 (
- Florence -- $4.49 (
- God Eater 3 -- $30 (
- Gone Home -- $7.49 (
- Gorogoa -- $7.49 (
- The Jackbox Party Pack 6 -- $19.49 (
- Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition -- $18.74 (
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy -- $20 (
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch -- $30 (
- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee -- $20 (
- Old Man's Journey -- $2 (
- Saints Row IV: Re-Elected -- $28 (
- Sayonara Wild Hearts -- $9.74 (
- Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition -- $20 (
- Telling Lies -- $16 (
- This War of Mine Complete Edition -- $13.20 (
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition -- $20 (
- Torchlight 2 -- $14 (
- Trine: Enchanted Edition -- $4.49 (
- What the Golf? -- $15 (
- What Remains of Edith Finch -- $10 (
- Wonder Boy Returns Remix -- $9 (
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week