Nintendo Switch Controllers Feature Amiibo Support, Motion Control, and More
There's more to the Joycon Controller than meets the eye.
During Nintendo's Switch livestream event, it was revealed that the console's Joy-Con controllers feature an assortment of different features, such as motion control capability, amiibo support, and much more. Below you can see a detailed list of what the controllers are capable of.
Joy-Con Controller Features
- Each Joy-Con includes a full set of buttons, and each can act as a standalone controller.
- An IR Motion Camera gives the Joy-Con controller motion support and even allows it to detect different hand gestures.
- Each controller features something called HD Rumble, which gives them the ability to convey different types of vibrations. For instance, the controller can simulate the vibration of shaking a cup with an ice cube in it.
- The right Joy-Con includes a sensor that can scan Amiibo.
- A capture button allows you to take screenshots that you can share with others.
- Each Joy-Con has a strap you can attach to your wrist.
- The controllers come in different colors. Only red and blue have been confirmed so far.
- Each controller sports prominent shoulder buttons.
You can take a closer look at the controller's buttons and features in the image below:
Nintendo Switch is launching March 3 and will cost $299.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.