Nintendo Redesigning Miiverse, Find Out About New Features And What's Changing Here
Details on new screenshot features, journals, and posting restrictions have been released.
Nintendo has announced it is redesigning the Miiverse to "make communicating about the games you're playing more enjoyable than ever."
The redesign is scheduled for summer 2015, and will include a number of new features including a screenshot album, a play journal, and a general visual refresh.
A breakdown of all the changes and new features can be found below.
Your Screenshot Album
Saving your screenshots in this album will be so easy, you'll build up a collection of memories from the games you love in no time.
- You can save up to 100 screenshots in this album.
- This album is your own private space. It won't be visible to other users.
Your Play Journal
Keep a record of your own unique gaming experiences by writing journal entries about games as you play them! Creating a Play Journal entry will be as simple as opening Miiverse during gameplay.
- Each Play Journal entry will include a screenshot that shows what was happening in the game when it was written. Only software titles that don't support the taking of screenshots will be exempt from this rule.
A New Look for Communities
In the main community for each game, posts will be categorized to make browsing them easier and more fun.
- Play Journal Entries: Here you'll find everyone's Play Journal entries for the game. Try to find people who are at the same part of the game as you are or who are playing the game in interesting ways!
- Drawings: In this section, you'll be able to see all the artwork other users have created about the game, in order of popularity. This should make it even easier to find great artists to follow. You won't be able to post handwritten posts to the Play Journal Entries or Discussions sections.
- Discussions: If you want to ask questions or start conversations about the game, this'll be the perfect place for you to be. Remember, tags on posts make it easy to find other people who want to talk about the same stuff you do.
Other changes noted by Nintendo include the removal of posting to your activity feed, as the Play Journal feature is means to be a replacement for this. Additionally, Nintendo plans to loosen its restrictions on posting in quick succession, allowing users to post a total of 30 posts or comments per day. In-game posts are not included in this total.
Nintendo has made efforts to improve the Miiverse's functionality and accessibility since launch. Unlike when it debuted on the Wii U, the pseudo-social network for Nintendo fans can now be accessed through mobile devices and browsers.
The platform holder also unified the 3DS eShop with the Wii U's Nintendo Network ID, meaning that users can now have one login across both platforms. Doing this also meant users could combine their Wii U and 3DS eShop balances and wish lists.