Nintendo Direct Mini: Biggest Announcements And Games
A new Nintendo Direct Mini event premiered today, June 28. Here's what you need to know.
Update: A 25-minute Nintendo Direct Mini aired this morning, and it was packed with games, trailers, and announcements for Nintendo Switch owners. Among the biggest announcements: The Persona games are finally coming to Switch, a number of demos and games are out now on the eShop, and we finally know when we'll be playing Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. You can rewatch the entire Direct Mini in the video below, and hit the links for our full coverage of the event.
- Here's Everything You Can Play Right Now From Nintendo's Direct Mini
- Nintendo Switch Is Finally Getting Persona 5 Royal, Along With Persona 4 Golden And Persona 3 Portable
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Update Roadmap Outlined, New Demo Out Now On Switch
- Dragon Quest Treasures Coming This December
- Return To Monkey Island Is Headed To Nintendo Switch First On Consoles
- Nier: Automata Comes To Nintendo Switch This Fall With All Content, New Costumes
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks Of Hope Release Date Announced
- The Portal Collection Is Launching Today On Nintendo Switch
- Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Announced For PC And Console
- New Switch Game Harvestella Evokes Animal Crossing And Stardew Valley
Original story: Nintendo has announced the next Nintendo Direct Mini event. It takes place today, June 28, and starts at 6 AM PT. While we don't know exactly what will be featured, Nintendo did say it will focus on third-party games, meaning we shouldn't expect to see Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 or Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. The "Mini" broadcast will instead contain about 25 minutes of information on upcoming third-party Switch games, and it seems one detail from it has already leaked. Here's what you need to know to watch the Direct as soon as it starts.
What time does the Nintendo Direct Mini for June 2022 start?
The event begins today, Tuesday, June 28 at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET, but it will be an on-demand stream, right than a livestream, according to Nintendo's tweet. You'll be able to watch it on YouTube.
This is the second Nintendo Direct in as many weeks, as a June 22 Nintendo Direct event focused on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, which releases in July.
What to expect
Nintendo gave no indication as to what games might appear during the June 27 event, but some possibilities include Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and Bayonetta 3. The former seems like a safe bet after the Sparks of Hope release date leaked on Ubisoft's store. There's plenty of other possibilities as well, such as Sports Story, Hollow Knight: Silksong (which did finally resurface earlier this month at Xbox's Not-E3 conference), and more. Rumors have also suggested that Nier Automata and Persona could be included in the Direct.
Rumor has it there could be another Nintendo Direct taking place June 29 that many are hoping is Nintendo's traditional big-time summer showcase, but that's only speculation so far. Reporter Jeff Grubb of GameSpot sister site Giant Bomb said Nintendo will host multiple summer events this year, but it's possible this event will cap off its plans for the month.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.