Ni No Kuni 2 Update Adds New Items And Difficulties
If you needed an excuse to hop back into Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, its latest update may be the perfect one. The update, which is available now on PS4 and PC, fixes bugs, adds new rare loot items, and introduces two new difficulty options.
Bandai Namco detailed the patch notes in a Facebook post. "It's been a few weeks since the release of Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom and we’ve been reading your feedback online," the post reads. "We'd like to thank the community for their support!" All the patch notes are listed below.
PS4 & PC improvements
- Improved the game stability
- Added a shortcut for "Save" in the main menu
- Added special icon on the message that appears before the battle with tainted monsters
- Added region names on the map menu when zoomed out
- Made "Lock/Unlock settings" for users to lock/unlock the equipment when changing them at the main menu
- Changed the color of skirmish flag effect when the battle is cleared
- Changed the timing of the pose during the victory screen when the battle is finished
- Added help comment for citizen rank up and save
- Fixed the bug during the side quest 051 "Trainee Priestess Speio" where quest will not proceed even when the magic "Rejuvenate" is learned
- Fixed the bug caused by the order of the actions during Chapter 6, the factory floors.
- Fixed other minor bugs
- Improved camera movements when a PC mouse is used
- Fixed the screen blackout when [CapsLock] key and [Q] key is pressed at the same time during the full-screen mode
- Fixed the drop of framerate when 2 monitor screens are used
The patch also adds new rare item drops, which goes hand in hand with its new difficulty options. Hard and Extreme difficulty modes have been added to make battles longer and more rewarding. Playing on these harder difficulties increases the quality of equipment and rare item drops.
The mode that players have been playing on thus far is now just Normal mode. If you're looking to hop on a different difficulty, you won't have to start over. The new difficulties can be accessed by starting a new game, or heading into the options menu mid-game.
Since now's the perfect time to continue or get started, make sure to look over our guides to managing your country and our Ni No Kuni 2 beginner's tips. You can also check out our full thoughts on the game in our Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom review.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.