NHL 15 Xbox One/PS4 Gets Huge Update
Third content update for professional hockey game introduces online team play, bug fixes, and lots more.
EA Sports has released the third content update for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of NHL 15, introducing a raft of new features and functionality, as well as bug fixes and more.
The NHL 15 update, which is available today for Xbox One and PS4, includes the following (descriptions courtesy of EA Sports):
Online Team Play -- Play online with up to ten players, locked to a single position using real-world rosters. These matches will be 5v5 ranked with AI controlled goalies.
Be A GM Rookie Draft -- For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like a real NHL GM. As they do at the NHL Entry Draft, you have three minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the course of the draft.
Presentation -- New New uniforms have been added for the following teams:
- Philadelphia Flyers (NHL) 3rd jersey
- Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) 3rd jersey
- Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL) 3rd jersey
- Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL) 3rd jersey
- Red Deer Rebels (WHL) 3rd jersey
- Sarnia Sting (OHL) 3rd jersey
- Boisbriand-Blainville Armada (QMJHL) 3rd jersey
- Improved penalty logic for goalie interference calls.
- Improved goalie decision making when playing the puck outside of the crease.
- Pass Assist sliders have been tuned so that they now have the desired effect depending on the user setting.
- Fixed issue where strategy overlay would show when User Strategy Adjustment slider is turned up.
- Fixed rare issue where players would enter an unusual animation state after being body checked during a poke check.
Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT)
- Fixed rare crash issues that can occur when sending won auction item to your Collection.
- Fixed hang during matchmaking search in Versus.
- Users will now be able to change auction prices faster.
- Users that lose connection from their opponent are returned to HUT.
Be A Pro:
- Addressed shootout coach feedback overlay issue.
We reported in August that the current-gen versions of NHL 15--the franchise's debut on Microsoft and Sony's newest consoles--would not include certain content seen in the last-gen versions (not to mention previous entries in the series). When fans got their hands on the game early through EA Access, we learned even more was absent than EA Sports had indicated. This led to the company outlining its plans for post-release updates that would add in some of this content.
An NHL 15 patch released last month introduced features such as a Playoff mode, coach feedback in Be A Pro mode, and more. For more on NHL 15, check out GameSpot's review.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the conversation