Next Killer Instinct Season 3 Character Confirmed
Tusk is back.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
The next character for fighting game Killer Instinct's upcoming third season has been revealed.
DSOGaming and Reddit report that, during a Killer Instinct Twitch livestream, Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Isgreen confirmed that the rumored Tusk will indeed come to Killer Instinct Season 3. He joins Kim Wu--both will be available at launch, also featuring "retro costumes" based on how they looked in past versions.
In addition, Isgreen reiterated that the PC edition of Killer Instinct will launch in March exclusively for Windows 10. This release window for the computer edition was already known.
Here are a handful of other pieces of information from the livestream about Killer Instinct Season 3, as collected by gallaxus on Reddit:
- An updated Dojo Tutorial
- Tusk and Kim Wu have been confirmed to appear at launch and both will have retro costumes
- More characters will be available at launch than there were in the launch of Season 2. The remaining few will be available in the coming months.
- Everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3
- Two characters that are currently on the roster will be re-worked. That means their set ups and how they gain meter will be different. It is confirmed that these two characters are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although Ultimates for every character isn't confirmed, it is possible for all the characters to receive Ultimates due to the tech they developed when they created ARIA.
- They will reveal more information at Pax South in San Antonio, TX sometime between January 29-31
- There will be more community bundles in Season 3 due to the success of the Shadow Jago Fund Raiser. The purpose of the Fund Raisers will be determined by the community on what they want to see in Season 3 that didn't make the cut by launch. So if you want to see a certain guest character, stage, mode, feature, ect. that didn't make the cut, make yourself heard. They are actively seeking out the community's input.
In other Killer Instinct news, theSeason One Ultra Edition is available for free right now on Xbox One.