Next Destiny Update to Increase Vault Space
Bungie team also looking at tackling Raid bugs, Strike balances, and Crucible ammo drops.
God of War Ragnarok Official Release Date Cinematic Trailer GTA 6 & GTA Trilogy Changed Rockstar Remaster Plans | GameSpot News VALKYRIE ELYSIUM | New trailer | PS5, PS4, PC Steam Skull and Bones | Livestream Teaser (July 2022) NBA 2K23: Michael Jordan Edition Smite x Nickelodeon Crossover Event Fall Guys - Abstergo's Challenge Trailer JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R - Jolyne Cujoh Character Trailer JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R - "Eat Your Heart Out" Trailer Worldview Trailer | Tower of Fantasy GWENT: Black Sun | Launch Trailer Best Games Of The Year (So Far)
Bungie's Destiny live team has outlined its hopes and priorities for the 1.1.2 update that is currently being coded.
The team cites increasing vault space as a key objective, meaning that players who accrue items won't need to micro-manage their inventories so much. Writing on the Destiny blog, community manager David Dague also cites Raid bugs and Strike difficulty balances as goals for the next update.
Meanwhile, further in-game display and audio options will allow players to better customise the way Destiny looks and sounds.
The list of tweaks, as written by Dague, follows:
- Vault Space: We know you need more space to collect all the treasures you gain from your missions, and more gear is on the way.
- Raid Fixes: There are times when Atheon and Crota can be uncooperative, so we’re tackling their worst bugs.
- Audio and Visual: Not everyone wants to see or hear a game the same way, which is why we’re looking at providing more options.
- PVP Ammunition: The Crucible team wants to change the way ammo crates dictate the flow of a battle.
- Strikes: The numbers tell us that there are some missions that are successfully completed far less than others, inspiring us to look at why people quit.
No timeline for the update was announced. Elsewhere in the Destiny blog update, Dague talks to some of the team about how they consider and plan updates. Read about that here.
Despite dividing critical opinion upon release, Destiny has accumulated numerous awards from the industry, the latest being the BAFTA Best Game Award.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.