New Xbox Series X Info Could Come Next Week
In the wake of GDC 2020 being postponed, Microsoft is hosting its scheduled conference panels and announcements on Mixer.
With GDC 2020 postponed, several companies and developers are sharing what they had planned for the conference via alternative means. One such company is Microsoft, which is hosting two days of Mixer livestreams (called Game Stack Live) to share its GDC panels and announcements, including a talk seemingly designed to provide further details about Xbox Series X.
On the second day of livestreams, March 18, Microsoft will hold a panel for Xbox Series X and Project xCloud at 11:40 AM PT. The segment will be devoted to talking about the new chapter of gaming. Just before that, at 10:40 AM PT, Microsoft will talk about how online services are defining the next generation of gaming--which could possibly offer insight into Xbox Series X as well.
Throughout both days, Microsoft will also talk about other aspects of game development. On March 17, at 10:45 AM PT and 11:35 AM PT, the company will be discussing accessibility and inclusivity. Talks for Gears 5 and Sea of Thieves will occur on March 17 as well, while one for Wasteland 3 will take place on March 18. The full schedule is outlined below.
Xbox Series X And Xbox One News
Game Stack Live Schedule (Times Listed In PT)
Day 1 - March 17, 2020
- 10:00 AM - Welcome to Game Stack Live!
- 10:25 AM - How The Coalition built Gears 5 to be more accessible
- 10:45 AM - Building accessibility into your game - the Xbox Accessibility Guidelines
- 11:00 AM - Panel: The changing nature of today’s game industry
- 11:35 AM - Panel: How to be intentionally inclusive in your game design
- 12:15 PM - What is Microsoft Game Stack?
- 12:30 PM - The Importance of LiveOps
- 1:00 PM - Rare: Building Sea of Thieves with a LiveOps Mentality
- 1:35 PM - What it means to run a game studio – a conversation with Turn 10
- 2:00 PM - Maximizing impact and reach for your independent games with the ID@Xbox team
Day 2 - March 18, 2020
- 10:00 AM - Previously on Game Stack Live 10:15 How inXile used creative iteration to drive Wasteland's development
- 10:40 AM - Panel: How online services are defining the next generation of game development
- 11:40 AM - Xbox Series X + Project xCloud = New Chapter in Gaming
- 12:40 PM - The spark of creativity that drives Double Fine
- 1:20 PM - What's new in DirectX: Raytracing, mesh shading, and more
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org