New Xbox One Update Out Now, Here's What It Does
You can now disable the Xbox One's startup chime.
Starting off, this update lets you tun off the Xbox One's start-up chime, a feature that Microsoft first talked about last week. There are three new options now available in the Settings menu under Power & Startup. These are:
- On: startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on
- Only with power button or voice: startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller
- Off: startup chime never plays
This is the only new feature introduced to the Xbox One with today's update.
The update also makes a number of fixes and general improvements, including a tweak to the Xbox Guide to make it faster. Additionally, users will now receive a "storage is full" notification when they try to upload a GameDVR capture to Xbox Live if their storage is full.
You can see the changelog for today's Xbox One update below, as posted on the Xbox website.
New or updated features
- You can now modify, turn on, or turn off the startup chime. You'll find three new options in Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup.
- On (startup chime plays anytime the console is powered on).
- Only with power button or voice (startup chime plays when console is powered on via the power button or voice; does not play when powered on with the controller).
- Off (startup chime never plays).
Performance and General Improvements
Xbox Universal Store
- This build contains multiple fixes to address crashes in the Store.
- Fixed an issue which required users to click twice on the buy button.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause time based trials to display incorrect time remaining.
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause a "Try again later" error to appear when newly purchased content is downloading.
- Resolved an issue which could cause errors when attempting to purchase or play Movies and TV content.
- Resolved an issue that was preventing some users from being able to sign in.
- Speed and performance improvements.
- You should now receive a "storage is full" notification when attempting to upload a capture to Xbox Live if storage is full.
- Resolved an issue which could cause certain games to fail to recognize the controller upon launch.
My Games & Apps
- Resolved issues which could cause certain apps to fail to install.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause a black screen to appear when attempting to use the Weather App.
- Resolved issues which could sometimes cause Groove Music to crash.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause the titles of universal apps (Movies & TV) to not appear in the console's selected language.
- General stability improvements for games.
This is the second update for Xbox One this month, following one that introduced features like background music support, Cortana, and language region independence, among other things.