New WWE 2K20 Patch Address Crashes And Community Concerns
WWE 2K20's update also targets "general stability and polish improvements."
WWE 2K20 has received a new update on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One targeting several "significant community reported concerns," publisher 2K Sports said in a blog post. The patch takes aim at addressing crashes, improving stability, adjusting sweat, fixing missing hair and cloth, and more.
In addition to addressing community concerns, 2K Sports said the latest WWE 2K20 patch zeroes-in on "general stability and polish improvements." These include correcting missing and/or invisible images, refining strike aiming and dash attacks, fixing issues surrounding six-man matches, addressing crashes when simulating Wrestlemania, and more.
Since its October 22 worldwide launch, WWE 2K20 has been marred by technical issues, from glitching hair to awkward animations to bugged models. The game received a patch earlier this month targeting its numerous issues in order to bring it to a more playable state. The president of Take-Two Interactive, the parent company of 2K Sports, said he was "disappointed" in WWE 2K20's launch but ensured that the team is committed to "improving the quality of the game."
In our WWE 2K20 review, we said, "WWE 2K's annual release schedule has felt superfluous for a number of years now. This has never been more apparent than with WWE 2K20, a game that's not only riddled with frequent technical issues, but one that's notably worse than its predecessor in almost every area--whether it's the dull and unenjoyable combat, the fact half the roster look like terrifying goblin facsimiles of themselves, or MyCareer's obnoxious and tedious story. This is the moment the WWE 2K series hit Rock Bottom."
WWE 2K20 Full Patch Notes
- Addresses reported crashes throughout the game
- Addresses reported opacity issue causing invisible CAS parts
- Addresses reported crashes in custom arenas using imported images
- Improvements to sweat
- Addresses reported input settings not saving (PC only)
- General improvements to hair and cloth behavior
- Addresses reported concerns with missing hair and cloth throughout the game
- Addresses reported concerns that images may fail to be correctly displayed on the Superstars’ attire
- Addresses reported concerns of a crash when using DLC CAS parts for MyPLAYERs
- Addresses reported concerns with allowing male face paint color changes to appear correctly in-game
- Addresses reported concerns with CAS parts that may cause hair to float with certain Superstars
- Addresses reported concerns with assigning locked moves when user previews and selects it inside of Move-Set for MyPLAYER
- Addresses reported concerns that CAS T-shirt logos may appear incorrectly in-game
- Addresses reported concerns that a crash may occur when selecting a save slot
- Enabled importing Roster and other settings when creating a new Universe save
- Addresses reported concerns that a crash may occur when loading into a match for the first time with several creations
- Addresses reported concerns with six-man tag match
- Addresses reported concerns that a crash may occur when simulating to WrestleMania
- Improvements to strike aiming and dash strikes
- Addresses reported concerns with soft lock-in pin mini-game after performing certain moves
- Addresses reported concerns that a crash may occur in Road to Glory when using DLC CAS parts
- Addresses reported concerns that a crash may occur when downloading Superstars with custom images
- Community Creations: Addresses reported concerns that images may fail to display correctly in Custom Arenas
- Community Creations: Addresses reported concerns of a white texture issue that may occur in downloaded arenas
- Community Creations: Addresses reported concerns that may occur when downloading custom shows with custom arenas and logos
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org