New Witcher 3 Patch on the Way to Resolve Its Small, Hard-to-Read Text
A new patch, 1.03, is also out now on PC.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Being an RPG, there's a fair amount of reading to do in The Witcher 3, particularly on the inventory screen where you might be comparing various numbers with each other. It's a real problem, then, that much of the in-game text is exceedingly small, making it difficult to easily read--though this is something that will thankfully soon be fixed.
In response to a tweet inquiring about the issue, CD Projekt Red community lead Marcin Momot explained, "We are working on addressing the font size issue right now. Another patch coming soon."
The size of the in-game text has been a source of complaints since Witcher 3 launched earlier this week. Some users have resorted to using the PS4's zoom feature that was added in the March system update, but that's cumbersome and arguably only useful inside of menus.
You can see the issue in the screenshot above (courtesy of NeoGAF), though if you're sitting close to a computer monitor, it may be difficult to see that there is a problem.
There's no word on exactly when the patch resolving this will be out, but a new patch--1.03--was released today on PC. This largely deals with fixing various bugs and improving performance, but the console version of the patch said to be coming "very soon" might also deal with the text issue. We've contacted CD Projekt Red to find out more and will report back with anything we learn.
In the meantime, here are the full patch notes for the PC version of patch 1.03:
- Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
- Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
- Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
- Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
- Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
- Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
- Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
- Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
- Improves menu handling
- Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
- Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
- Generally improves world map focus
- Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
- Corrects some missing translations in the UI
- Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
- Rostan Muggs is back
- Minor SFX improvements
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com