New Uncharted 4 Patch Adds PS4 Pro/HDR Support, "Classic" Mode, and More
Naughty Dog continues to update and improve Uncharted 4.
In addition to PS4 Pro and HDR support, the update adds "improved quality of stereo audio.
As for the Beta Test playlist, this features Classic Mode, which is a "back-to-basics" take on team deathmatch with minimal items. The mode is playable through the weekend. Looking ahead, Naughty Dog said in the official patch notes that it will try out "other variations" of the mode in a second Beta Test weekend, beginning on November 11.
The patch notes also reveal a sale on bundles, as they are all marked down 70 percent through November 10. Additionally, Ranked Season 3 has begun, with these changes (written by Naughty Dog):
- You can no longer see which players have joined the lobby until the match begins
- Qualifier matches are now only required when moving between full ranks (e.g. Silver to Gold). Moving within a rank (e.g. Silver III to Silver II) doesn’t require any qualifiers.
- Players can now be kicked during a ranked match for networking issues
The new Uncharted 4 multiplayer patch also makes a gameplay tweak so that players can no longer take cover behind something that is completely offscreen. "This led to many situations where players accidentally became stuck to cover when attempting to roll," Naughy Dog said.
There are also a handful of bug fixes; check out the patch notes below to see them all.
- Fixed a couple bugs where player could lose a mystical they purchased after switching loadouts
- Fixed teammates being able to bump the player’s camera when in aim mode
- Fixed a bug where Bounty Hunter matches would not increment the total score earned used for unlocking new boosters
- Fixed some collision issues on Rooftops
- Fixed an issue with Shield of Asgard Mystical cancelling when player attempts to melee immediately after activation
- Fixed issue where Team Deathmatch and Command matches could start with uneven teams
Cinema Mode fixes:
- Fixed problem with rewinding several times causing a permanent black screen
- Fixed issue when cinema file ends causing unwanted black screens
- Fixed a crash in cinema caused by a late joiner
- Fixed a crash that occurs during cinema replay
- NOTE: In this patch, cinema files have switched over to a new version. This will erase any older cinema files.
Other stability fixes:
- Fixed crash that can occur when connecting to multiplayer
- Fixed black screen hang during loading if any user loses connection to host during the load into the game
- Fixed a crash that occurred during Ranked TDM
- Fixed a crash that could occur when being downed while hanging off of an edge while over water
Uncharted 4 is not the only game being updated to support PS4 Pro. Check out GameSpot's roundup of all the other titles being patched for the console right here.
The PS4 Pro launches on November 10, priced at $400.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.