New To Amazon Prime Video For June 2020: TV Shows, Movies, And Originals
From the comedy classic Kingpin to the horror sequel The Gallows: Act II, there is a lot headed to the streaming service in May.
While there are now a plethora of streaming services to choose from, with HBO Max being the latest, Amazon Prime Video is still kicking around. This June, there are plenty of new movies, TV shows, and a few originals headed your way, and most of the content lands on the service the first of the month.
Amazon doesn't like to make you wait, and on June 1, you'll have a fine selection of movies and TV shows to check out, including the classic 1996 comedy Kingpin. The film stars Woody Harrelson as a former pro bowler who takes an Amish man under his wing to take down another pro, played by Bill Murray. It is easily one of the best comedies of the decade.
If you love HBO's Westworld, you can watch Futureworld on June 1. This sci-fi movie is the 1976 followup to the Westworld film from three years prior. At a futuristic theme park, a secret is uncovered which leads to an ex-employee being murdered. In the aftermath, two reporters try to uncover the truth. The movie itself isn't great--and to be fair, the original Westworld film is just ok--but '70s sci-fi itself is a fun watch just to see where people during that time thought the far future would be like.
If you're in the mood for something horrifying, the found-footage horror flick The Gallows: Act II arrives on June 30. Following the 2015 movie about a haunted school play that is killing people performing in it, the latest installment revolved around people competing in a viral challenge to go to the school and read lines from said play. Of course, doing so means your demise.
Below, you'll find everything coming to Amazon Prime Video in June. For more streaming news, check out the June lists for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Shudder, and HBO Max. You can also check out our review of HBO Max, which is a fine service with a lot of confusing aspects--like "how do you watch it?"
And speaking of things you should be watching, consider listening to GameSpot's weekly TV series and movies-focused podcast, You Should Be Watching. With new episodes premiering every Wednesday, you can watch a video version of the podcast over on GameSpot Universe or listen to audio versions on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, and Apple Podcasts.
New to Amazon Prime Video in June
- Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (2004)
- Fair Game (2010)
- Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell (1974)
- Futureworld (1976)
- Grown Ups (2010)
- How To Train Your Dragon (2010)
- Incident At Loch Ness (2004)
- Joyride (1996)
- Kingpin (1996)
- Nate And Hayes (1983)
- Sex Drive (2008)
- Shrek Forever After (2010)
- The Cookout (2004)
- The Natural (1984)
- Trade (2007)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2007)
- You Don't Mess With The Zohan (2008)
- Air Warriors: Season 1 (Smithsonian Channel Plus)
- Annie Oakley: Season 1 (Best Westerns Ever)
- Doc Martin: Season 1 (Acorn TV)
- Dragnet: Season 1 (Best TV Ever)
- Finding Your Roots: Season 1 (PBS Living)
- Forsyte Saga: Season 1 (PBS Masterpiece)
- Growing up McGhee: Season 1 (UP Faith & Family)
- Liar: Season 1 (Sundance Now)
- Professor T: Season 1 (PBS Masterpiece)
- Roadkill Garages: Season 1 (Motortrend)
- Saints and Sinners: Season 1 (Brown Sugar)
- Super Why: Season 1 (PBS Kids)
- SWV Reunited: Season 1 (Urban Movie Channel)
- The Black Death: The World's Most Devastating Plague (The Great Courses)
- The L Word: Season 1 (Showtime)
- The L Word: Generation Q: Season 1 (Showtime)
- The Saint: Season 1 (Shout! Factory)
- Wackey Races: Season 1 (Boomerang)
- Work in Progress: Season 1 (Showtime)
- Takers (2010)
- Gina Brillon: The Floor Is Lava (2020) - Amazon Original special
- Equilibrium (2002)
- Child's Play (2019)
- Knives Out (2019)
- The U.S. vs. John Lennon (2006)
- Crawl (2019)
- 7500 (2019) - Amazon Original movie
- Life In Pieces: Seasons 1-4
- Pete the Cat: Season 2, Part 1 - Amazon Original series
- Guns Akimbo (2020)
- Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
- One For The Money (2012)
- Spy Kids (2001)
- Spy Kids 3: Game Over (2003)
- The Gallows Act II (2019)
- Where The Wild Things Are (2009)
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org