New Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode, Death Star DLC Release Detailed
Play two modes alone or in split screen across multiple difficulties.
Star Wars Battlefront developer DICE has announced it will launch a new offline mode next week, and revealed when the Death Star expansion will be available.
The offline mode is called Skirmish and will be available from July 20. According to lead designer Dennis Brannvall it "offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen (console only.)"
There will be two difficulty options for the offline mode, which is available for Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron.
"With multiple locations that span the galaxy, from the frozen planet of Hoth to the lava encrusted planet of Sullust, we hope Skirmish brings players a new way to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront," Brannvall added.
In the summer, DICE will hold more free in-game events and additional Hutt Contracts offering "new weapons, log-in reward opportunities" are also on the way. There will also be open trials to check out the Bespin content.
The Death Star expansion will be available to season pass holders in September. It introduces new ground and space maps, weapons, Star Cards, and two heroes. One of these characters is described as "larger-than-life" and someone DICE knows players have been waiting for.
More information on the Death Star expansion pack will be provided during EA's Star Wars Panel livestream on Saturday, July 16 at 11 AM PDT at Star Wars Celebration.
In addition to the Battlefront sequel, a number of other Star Wars games are coming from internal and external studios to be published by EA.
EA Star Wars Games in Development:
- DICE -- Collaborating with Motive on new Star Wars Battlefront game, coming in 2017.
- Respawn -- Third-person action adventure game (no release date)
- Visceral Games -- New action game coming in 2018
- BioWare -- Continued development on Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Capital Games -- Continued development on Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
- Motive -- A new Star Wars Battlefront game, in collaboration with DICE.
- Criterion -- Assisting with development on unspecified Star Wars project
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org