New SimCity update addresses traffic issues
Update 1.7 for city-building game includes range of fixes for traffic features, other game elements.
A new update for SimCity released today fixes a range of traffic issues related to congestion and emergency vehicle driving tendencies, among other problems.
Update 1.7 for the record-setting city-building game applies the following:
• Traffic Improvements: Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
• Traffic improvements: Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
• Traffic improvements: Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
• All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
• Performance improvements for low spec systems.
• New Server: Asia 2 will be released Tuesday afternoon (PDT)
Last week, SimCity lead designer Stone Librande posted a blog pledging to fix the game's traffic issues.
SimCity launched March 5 in the United States and was beset with server woes that left the game unplayable for many. Many of the game's issues have since been remedied and the title has gone on to sell 1.1 million copies in its first two weeks.
Cyberpunk 2077 – Official PlayStation 4 And Playstation 5 Gameplay Trailer Fortnite - Subscription Announcement Trailer (Fortnite Crew) Mortal Kombat 11 -Official Klassic MK Movie Skin Pack Reveal Trailer HITMAN 3 - Under The Hood: Chongqing Location Reveal Trailer Apex Legends Holo-Day Bash 2020 Trailer Assassin's Creed Valhalla: 9 Secrets You Missed Feedbackula - Final Farewell Furore! Feedbackula - inFamous: Second Son Shouting Feedbackula - Dark Souls II Graphical Grumble Feedbackula - Batman Bluster Barrage! Feedbackula - Thief Stealth Sourness! Feedbackula - Irrational Closure Commotion!
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.