New PUBG Xbox One Update Out Now; Here Are The Patch Notes
New weapon, new vehicle, and new ways to die.
The PUBG test server (PTS) was recently opened for players to try new game updates and patches for the Xbox One version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The server closed on July 16, and all the updates are now live in the main game.
The new update patches pretty much every weapon in PUBG, and also adds a new firearm and vehicle. The UI has been given a noticeable improvement, the OC and AS servers have been merged into one Australian server, and the leaderboards have been completely reset. Player movement in regards to sprinting, shooting, and swimming have also all been tweaked. How sound works has been updated so players can more easily discern from which direction gunshots are coming from as well.
Perhaps the easiest change to notice is the new flight path that appears on the map prior to the start of a match. This will help players decide on a spot to parachute to before even getting on the plane, and more easily coordinate with teammates.
After being defeated, Xbox One players can also now spectate their opponents. When killed, you can watch the actions of the closest player to where you died. When that player is killed, you can spectate the closest player to them and continue hopping from one player to the next until the end of the game. If playing in a team, you won't be able to spectate until all of your teammates are wiped out.
The most notable updates are listed in more specific detail in the patch notes below, but you can find the full list on the official PUBG forums.
PUBG Xbox One Patch Notes
- Increased the damage of the P92, P1911, P18C, R1895, and R45
- Increased overall damage and effective range
- Shotgun chokes and duckbills are now less effective at decreasing spread (so the effective spread for a shotgun with a choke or duckbill will be similar to before)
- Increased limb shots modifier (shooting limbs now does more damage)
- Slightly decreased the damage of the S686 and S1897
- Reduced pellet spread
- Shotgun chokes can now be attached to the sawed-off
- Adjusted SMGs to be more effective in short range combat
- Increased limb shots modifier
- Slightly increased the damage of the Micro UZI, UMP9, and Vector
- Decreased vertical recoil on all SMGs
- Decreased recoil and scope sway when moving in ADS (aiming down sights)
- Increased ADS transition speed
- To make the Vector a little easier to find, we’ve increased its spawn rate at the expense of the spawn rate of the UMP-9 (overall SMG spawn rate remains the same).
- Rebalanced ARs so none is the "objective" best—the power differential between each is now reduced, but each brings advantages to different situations.
- Slightly decreased the damage of the M16A4, SCAR-L, AUG, and M416
- Increased reload time by 30% for the SCAR-L, M16A4, and M416
- Increased reload time by 10% for the AKM
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all ARs except the AKM
- Decreased recoil recovery rate for all ARs
- Restricted big scopes (8x and 15x) for use with all ARs
- Modified recoil animations for all ARs
- First shot (including first shot after recoil resets) from the M16A4 now has less recoil.
- Increased head, body, and limb shot modifier
- Decreased the damage of the SKS
- Slightly increased the damage of the VSS and Mini14
- Increased vertical and horizontal recoil for all DMRs
- Decreased the recoil recovery rate for all DMRs
- Added new recoil animations for all DMRs
- Increased world spawn rate of DMRs.
- DMRs now use AR attachments (magazines, compensators, etc.) along with SR attachments
- Decreased basic damage of the M24 from 88 to 79
- M24 will no longer dropped in care package. It spawns in the world
- Both SR quickdraw magazines and SR extended quickdraw magazines now spawn only in care packages
- Other guns
- Slightly increased the damage of the DP28 and M249
- Restricted big scopes (8x and 15x) for use with LMGs (DP28, M249)
- Reduced crossbow reloading time from 4 seconds to 3.5 seconds
Other Item Balance
- Level three helmets now only spawn in care packages (and one is guaranteed to be in every care package)
- Reduced the spawn rate for AR extended quickdraw magazines
- Adrenaline syringes now spawn (rarely) alongside normal loot in the game world
- Adjusted the casting time of Adrenaline syringe from eight seconds to six seconds
- The tactical stock and cheek pad are now less effective at improving recoil recovery rate. It now improves ADS speed.
New Weapon and Vehicle
- The Mirado is a classic muscle car: a fast, four-seat sedan that’s limited to Miramar. It can be found around downtown areas and main city streets.
- The SLR spawns alongside normal world loot. It's a DMR which uses 7.62mm ammo and contains 10 bullets per magazine (20 bullets when extended.). The SLR is more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. Recoil control is the key to using the SLR effectively.
- Duckbill - A new attachment for shotguns (S1897, S12K). It decreases vertical pellet spread but increases horizontal bullet spread
- Attachable to S1897, S12K
- Light Grip - It decreases first shot/single shot recoil by about 15%. Animation kick reduction has been changed to 20% (from 30%).
- Attachable to ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS, Vector)
- Thumb Grip - It reduces vertical recoil but increases horizontal recoil. It also increases the recoil recovery time
- Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Half Grip - It reduces vertical and horizontal recoil and also reduces recoil recovery time
- Attachable to - ARs, SMGs, DMRs (UMP9, Vector, AUG, M416, SCAR-L, SKS)
- Scope 3x - This scope has fixed 3x magnification with an illuminated reticle. It's discoverable as a common world-drop item
- Scope 6x - This scope has variable 3x–6x magnification. It's discoverable as a rare world-drop item.
- Slightly decreased movement speed when holding SRs, LMGs (M249, DP28) and shotguns. Your equipped weapon affects both your sprinting speed and your running (normal movement) speed.
- Removed the first shot delay when your character is not sprinting
- Chambering a new round in certain weapons (M24, Kar98k, S1897, etc.) no longer limits you to walking speed while aiming down sights
- The amount your camera shakes after being shot (“aim punch”) now depends on the amount of damage received.
Boat and Swimming Adjustments
- Boats now sink when destroyed
- Decreased the maximum submersible time from 35 to 15 seconds
- Once you've run out of air, you'll now take 10 damage per second (up from four damage per second)
- Increased the delay for breath recovery time from one to four seconds. (In other words, when you lift your head up out of the water, it'll now take four seconds before you begin to recover your breath)
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org