New PUBG Xbox One Update Adds Weapons And Halloween Cosmetics: Full Patch Notes Included
Monsters join the battle royale.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Update #2 is now live in the Xbox version of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The new update implements several features and items that are already live in the PC version of the battle royale game, but it adds limited-time Halloween-themed skins as well. Because the maintenance period around the update went on longer than expected, PUBG is giving away free items and BP to players who log into the game in the next week.
The update adds two new weapons to PUBG. The first, the MK47 Mutant, is an assault rifle that can be found on Erangel, Miramar, and Sanhok. It takes 7.62mm bullets and can be fired in single shot or two-round burst modes. It's ideal for mid- to long-range combat. The new Beryl M762 is also an assault rifle that can be found on all three maps. It also uses 7.62mm ammo but has much lower bullet damage. It does have a much higher fire rate, though--even faster than the AKM--making it ideal for close-range combat.
New vehicles have been added to Sanhok as well. The scooter is a two-seat vehicle that offers an increased turning circle in comparison to the motorcycle, at the cost of overall speed. The new Tukshai is even slower, but it sits three people and is specifically designed to maneuver through Sanhok's hill and forest covered terrain.
Update #2 includes seven Halloween-themed items and costumes as well, which will only be available until November 20 at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET / November 21 at 2 AM BST. One of the items, a haunted pumpkin mask, is available for free when you log into the lobby, but only until November 6 at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET / November 7 at 12 AM BST. The other six items and costumes will need to be bought from PUBG's in-game store. We've listed them, and their prices, below.
Purchasable PUBG Halloween Items
- Maniacal Butcher Set – 10,000 BP
- Killer Clown Set – 1,800 G-Coin
- Ancient Mummy Set – 1,600 G-Coin
- Bloody Nurse Set – 2,100 G-Coin
- Sinister Skull Mask – 7,000 BP
- Pumpkin RIP-cord – 500 G-Coin
The new update also implements several general gameplay changes and bug fixes. The full patch notes can be found on PUBG's main website, but we've listed the highlights below.
PUBG Xbox One Update #2 Patch Notes
- Added a Training Mode where you can practice all aspects of PUBG gameplay
- The Training Mode map is 2×2 in size
- You can join through matchmaking by clicking on the “Training Mode” button in the lobby.
- When there are more than 5 players in the matchmaking queue, the session will start immediately. Players will continue to join open sessions for up to 5 minutes after they start. (Up to 20 per session)
- If there are less than 5 players in the matchmaking queue, matchmaking will continue for 5 minutes
- If there are still less than 5 players after 5 minutes, the session will start with the original number of players present and other players cannot join the session.
- Total play time is 30 minutes (e.g. in case of number 1, where you immediately enter a session, you have 5 minutes where other players can join the session + regular training mode playing time of 25 minutes)
- Players cannot drop below 1hp in Training mode
- Bluezone effect has been changed
- Added "TPP Aim Camera Position" to options
- Reset to Right Shoulder (default setting)
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s right shoulder
- Reset to Left Shoulder
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s left shoulder
- Latest Peek Shoulder
- Camera position automatically moves to the direction you last leaned
- Latest Aim Shoulder
- Camera remains in the last ADS direction
- In this setting, the camera position won’t be changed by leaning while not in ADS or scoping
- Reset to Right Shoulder (default setting)
- Lost Connection to Host
- We are testing out some potential fixes related to the “Lost Connection to Host” error, and in this update we rolled out a fix for an issue with data loading with skins that was causing this bug. Please leave us your feedback and reports if you continue to experience this bug. Thank you for your patience as we actively work to fix this issue.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips for the stun grenade did not accurately reflect its in-game effects
- Fixed an issue where characters were seen moving fast while prone when moving on slopes a certain way
- Fixed an issue where item mesh is sometimes difficult to distinguish from the floor in the police station in El Azahar in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where a dead player’s loot box is sometimes buried in certain locations in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where characters can sometimes get stuck between the wall and vehicle while leaving the passenger seat when the vehicle is touching a wall
- Fixed an issue where in some situations in FPP, players could see through walls
- Fixed an issue where the sawed-off wasn’t listed in the attachable weapon list tooltip of the shotgun choke
- Fixed an issue where sometimes players would not get transferred to the starting plane, and instead start the match from the initial spawn location
- Fixed an issue where the under certain conditions, character models could appear stuck in the crouch position
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the fuel gauge of vehicles wasn’t in sync with the visual display on the dashboard
- Fixed an issue where in rare instances, players could be teleported to an entirely different location while on Sanhok
- Fixed the issue where a character on board a vehicle would sometimes be shown as immobile in a very different location
- Fixed the issue where a character who is driving in a vehicle is created in an unspecified location
- Fixed the issue where the gun of the person you are spectating is sometimes not rendered, causing problems when the gun goes into ADS mode
- Fixed the issue where weapons are sometimes shown in locations different from where the character is holding them
- Fixed the issue where approaching a window with glass and throwing a throwable could sometimes cause the camera to temporarily zoom in and out
- Fixed the issue where approaching a corpse while lying down could sometimes cause the camera to zoom in
- Fixed the issue where sometimes a character standing at the very edge of the sea on Sanhok would be shown as falling out of the sky
- Fixed the issue where the Bluezone UI timer occasionally decreases by 2 seconds
- Fixed the issue where an underwater character is unable to move to land because the terrain is shown as stuttering
- Fixed the issue where colliding with an object while driving in a UAZ deals comparatively more damage than other vehicles
- Fixed the issue where the firing mode of a gun that has been dropped and picked up again is reset to default settings
- Fixed the issue where the vaulting action was not working properly with certain building windows in Sanhok
- Fixed the issue where an afterimage sometimes remains on other players’ screen when repeatedly arming/unarming
- Fixed the issue where the AR compensator on the SLR was not reducing the horizontal recoil
- Fixed the issue where a character cannot peek while over a gas can
- Fixed the issue where frame drop occured when the weather was rainy and the character was swimming in the water when the perspective changed from under to above water
- Fixed the issue where the HP gauge was displayed red in certain conditions
- Fixed an issue where grenade impact sounds were not played when interacting with certain surfaces on Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where in some specific situations there was less weapon recoil than intended
- Fixed the issue where after exiting the game while armed, the character model would appear to shake
- Fixed the issue where picking up sound was output, but was not able to pick up the item from a certain distance
- Fixed the issue where the exact direction of other player’s footstep sound was hard to comprehend
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org