New Pokemon Sword & Shield Spirits Are Now Available In Smash Bros. Ultimate
A Sword and Shield-themed Spirit Board event is underway until November 26.
Pokemon Sword and Shield are finally available on Nintendo Switch, and to celebrate their release, Nintendo is holding a Pokemon-themed Spirit Board event in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate this weekend. The event kicked off on Thursday, November 21, and it introduces a handful of new Pokemon Spirits to collect in the fighting game.
From November 21-26, four new Pokemon Spirits will appear on the Spirit Board. Not only will defeating these add them to your collection, you'll also earn more Spirit Points than usual, which you can use to purchase items in the World of Light adventure mode. The following four new Spirits will appear periodically on the board:
- Zacian & Zamazenta
- Grookey, Scorbunny, & Sobble
In other Smash news, Nintendo is offering another Smash Bros. Ultimate freebie for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers. You can grab a third Spirit Board Challenge Pack right now from the Eshop. This one includes 5,000 Gold and three Classic Tickets for the game's Classic Mode. To claim the pack, however, you'll need to have an active paid NSO subscription; you can't grab it during a free trial.
Smash Bros. Ultimate's latest DLC character, Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury, arrived earlier this month alongside the game's 6.0 update. There's still one more DLC fighter to come as part of Smash Ultimate's Fighters Pass, but Nintendo hasn't announced who that will be. That won't be the end of the game's DLC, however; at E3, Nintendo confirmed that it is working on even more DLC fighters for Smash, although it didn't share any other details beyond that.
Pokemon Sword And Shield News & Guides
Pokemon Sword and Shield, meanwhile, mark the start of the Pokemon series' eighth generation, and they shake up the formula in some notable ways. You can read our full thoughts on the games in our Pokemon Sword and Shield review. If you're just getting started on your Pokemon journey, be sure to check out our Sword and Shield guides below.
Pokemon Sword & Shield Guides
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How Do Fossils Work?
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Eevee Guide: How To Get Every Eevee Evolution
- Pokemon Sword & Shield Stone Evolutions Guide: Which Pokemon Evolve With Which Stones?
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Unlock Mew
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: Essential Tips To Help Get You Started
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: Where To Catch Cool And Rare Pokemon
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Applin
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Sinistea Into Polteageist
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Galarian Linoone Into Obstagoon
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: How To Evolve Milcery into Alcremie
- Pokemon Won't Drop Its Guard - What Does That Mean?
- Pokemon Sword & Shield: What Are Watts?
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org