New Pokemon Scarlet And Violet Patch Doesn't Fix Performance, But It Does Go After Bugs
Misty will be pleased.
A new update is available for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, and while it does address several bugs in the game--don't worry Heracross, you're safe--there aren't any performance fixes listed in the patch notes. Technical performance in the new Pokemon games has been underwhelming--especially when compared to previous entries in the series--and while there have been previous patches, these have mostly focused on fixing specific gameplay bugs.
For the 1.3.0 update, players who caught an Egg instead of Walking Wake or Iron Leaves in a Tera Raid battle before they updated to version 1.2.0 will now be able to catch these Paradox Pokemon when they return. This bug had initially prevented players from catching either of these Pokemon after the challenging Tera Raid battle.
For Friendly Competitions in the Online Competitions section of the Battle Stadium, changes to the deadline for this event have been made, and several Link Battle fixes are also being added in the update. For battles, bugs related to Terastallized Zoroark are being addressed, and another bug linked to double battles and stat changes stacking has been squashed. Pokemon Go connectivity issues should also be sorted with this patch, as there was an issue that would cause the game to crash on the screen that's used to pair with a Pokemon Go account.
More content is on the way to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet later this year in the form of The Teal Mask and The Indigo Disc expansions. The Teal Mask is the first expansion that'll arrive, and while it features a festival to take part in, it also introduces some new legendary Pokemon to Paldea. The Indigo Disc expansion has a student exchange theme in which you'll visit Blueberry Academy, and it's rumored that over 230 Pokemon from previous generations will be introduced in this DLC, including Ninetails from the original Pokemon games, Metagross from Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, and Vikavolt from Pokemon Sun and Moon.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Ver. 1.3.0 Patch Notes
Support for Trainers Who Caught an Egg Instead of Walking Wake or Iron Leaves in Tera Raid Battles
Trainers who caught an Egg instead of Walking Wake or Iron Leaves in a Tera Raid Battle before updating to version 1.2.0 of Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet were affected by a bug that prevented them from catching either of these Pokemon. This bug has been fixed, and Trainers who caught such Eggs instead of Walking Wake and Iron Leaves will now be able to catch these Pokemon.
In addition, the Tera Raid Battle events for these two Pokémon will return around the same time as this game update. Visit this page for details on the Tera Raid Battle events.
A change has been made to the deadline for entries for Friendly Competitions, which are found in the Online Competitions section of the Battle Stadium.
- Before this change: Entries were allowed until the Friendly Competition began.
- After this change: Entries will be allowed until the Friendly Competition ends.
- Fixed a bug in Link Battles where selecting Swap in just before the selection timer reached zero could fail to switch in the selected Pokemon and subsequently cause switching--and the battle itself--to act abnormally.
- Fixed a bug in Link Battles where once the remaining time for the battle was under one minute, it would no longer be displayed where it was supposed to.
- Fixed a bug that occurred in Link Battles where, depending on the move being used at the time a Pokemon fainted, the amount of time a Trainer received to select their next Pokemon was reduced.
- Fixed a bug where the Cud Chew Ability would trigger again once every two turns after it triggered the first time, contrary to what is written in the Ability description.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark Terastallized while using its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokémon. On the Check Status screen, the Terastallized Zoroark’s type would display as the original type of the Pokemon it had disguised itself as, rather than Zoroark’s Tera Type.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when Zoroark used its Illusion Ability to disguise itself as another Pokémon that had already Terastallized. This bug caused Zoroark’s type on the Check Status screen to incorrectly display as the Tera Type of the Pokemon Zoroark had disguised itself as.
- Fixed a bug in Double Battles with moves that cause stat changes for the Pokémon using the moves. This bug caused the stat changes to incorrectly happen twice if the user hit two opposing Pokemon with the move while an opposing Pokémon was behind a Substitute.
Pokémon GO Connectivity
- Fixed the main issue causing the game to crash on the screen used to pair with a Pokemon Go account.
- Fixed a bug affecting Trainers who received Hisuian Zoroark from the Mystery Gift screen as a special early-purchase bonus for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokemon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet without first having seen Zoroark in their game. This bug caused Zoroark to be incorrectly displayed as registered in these Trainers’ Pokedexes.
- Other select bug fixes have been implemented.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.