New PlayStation VR Bundle is $500
Details on full contents of the PS VR bundle and pre-order dates revealed.
Sony has announced a new bundle for its virtual reality headset, the PlayStation VR. According to a post on the PlayStation Blog, it will cost $499.99 and represents "unbeatable value for those of you looking to get right into VR gaming with PlayStation 4."
Pre-orders for the bundle, the full contents of which can be found below, open on March 22 at 7 AM PT (2 PM GMT). It will be available for pre-sale "in limited quantities" at participating retailers.
Here's what the bundle includes:
- PS VR headset
- PS VR cables
- Stereo Headphones
- PlayStation VR Demo Disc
- PlayStation Camera
- 2 PlayStation Move motion controllers
- PlayStation VR Worlds (disc)
Sony has said it will "have another wave in the summer" available to those that miss out on the initial allocation.
Currently the bundle has not been announced for UK, Europe, or Australia.
As previously announced, on its own the PlayStation 4-powered device will cost $400/£349.99 and will arrive in October 2016. At this price, the PlayStation VR does not come with Move controllers or the PlayStation Camera, which are required for some games.
Further Reading: All the PSVR News and Reaction
- PlayStation VR Release Date
- PlayStation VR Price
- $400 PlayStation VR Requires $60 PS4 Camera
- PlayStation VR Bundle With Camera and Controller Confirmed
- PSVR Price Delivers Profit at Each Sale, Sony Exec Claims
- All PlayStation VR Games Confirmed So Far
- All PS4 Games Can be Played in PlayStation VR
- Star Wars Battlefront Experience Coming to PlayStation VR
- Ubisoft announces Warewolf VR game
- Here's All the Game Devs Supporting PlayStation VR
- PlayStation VR Sold Out in Minutes on Amazon UK
- Oculus VR Founder Says $400 PlayStation VR Is "A Totally Fair Price"
- PlayStation VR Sales Could Hit 1.6 Million Units, Analyst Claims
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org