New Pillars of Eternity Patch Resolves Serious Bug and More
Newly released patch makes it so double-clicking on items no longer cripples your character.
Top New Games Coming Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week -- May 19-25 2019 Who Are The Kaiju (Titans) In Godzilla: King of the Monsters? GOG Galaxy 2.0 Could Be the Only PC Client You'll Need Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey - Expand Trailer Fortnite: Week 3's Secret Battle Star Location Walkthrough (Season 9 Utopia Challenges) Playdate Is A New Handheld Video Game Console - GS News Update Google Stadia Price, Games, And Release Info Coming This Summer - GS News Update How Alien Changed Sci-Fi Movies Forever | Alien 40th Anniversary Game Of Thrones: What If Bran Stark Was Evil All Along? First 19 Minutes of Nioh 2 Closed Alpha Gameplay Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Delayed As Sonic Gets A Redesign - GS Universe News Update Heart Aino Joins BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle | GameSpot Community Fridays
Obsidian has released the 1.03 patch for Pillars of Eternity, perhaps the most important aspect of which deals with a serious bug that centers around equipping items.
As detailed in the 1.03 patch notes, you can now safely equip items by double-clicking them. Prior to this, doing so would cause your character's passive abilities to be permanently lost. Thankfully, you won't need to start over if you were hit by this bug--simply open up your save with the game updated to 1.03 and your passives should be restored.
The patch is out now on Steam, but may take a day or two to show up on Origin and GOG.
Other additions include new icons for a variety of items, new graphics settings for antialiasing, the ability to use lockpicks stored in the Stash, and a way to cast area-of-effect skills on party members by clicking on their portraits.
Pillars of Eternity was released late last month, the product of a successful 2012 crowdfunding campaign that raised $4 million.
You can see the full list of patch notes--which features a large number of bug fixes, balance changes, and reductions in "antelope feet sliding" (yup)--below, courtesy of Obsidian's forums.
"Big Ticket" Items
- Bears and Cats can now be equipped with hats. This is most likely not a joke... but might be a joke.
- Double-clicking to equip items was causing passive abilities to get removed from the character. This has been fixed and we were able to retroactively fix the problem for people that have already run into the issue. If you open your saved game in the latest patch, your characters will be repaired.
- Fixed a problem where attributes on characters could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The crash in Raedric's Hold has been fixed.
- Fixed the looping audio sounds that can occur if you play with minimized tooltips.
- Previously Wizard-summoned items could persist after the spell's duration. This has been fixed and it will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
- The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount of focus gain. We've included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not fix the broken effect on those items, so you'll need to keep those items unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load to fix your Cipher.
- Added graphics setting to toggle antialiasing levels. This can improve performance on lower end machines when disabled.
- Added pro tips to the Glossary.
- Many new icons for items.
- Added new voice set reactivity for lockpick, poison, enemy spotted in stealth, spell failure, death, immobilized, and completed task.
- Added indicators on the loot screen when looting crafting and quest items.
- Party can now use lockpicks that are in the Stash.
- You can now cast AoEs on party member portraits and the spell will be targeted at the companion's location.
- Monk unarmed attack buffed by 1 point at the top end.
- Arbalest damage has been lowered.
- Fast melee weapons do slightly more damage.
- Slight bump to sabre damage.
- Tuned down Mind Blades.
- Tuned ranges of many Wizard spells to be higher.
- Slicken spell is now a single hit AoE.
- Chill Fog is now a friend or foe spell.
- Curse of Blackened Sight is now foe only.
- Changed reload speed multiplier from 2 to 1.2 for Sure-Handed Ila.
- Fixed the price on Seal of Faith.
- Adjusted price on figurines.
- Adjusted price on rings.
- Tuned up the Goldrot Chew.
- Reduced the penalties for Bonded Grief.
- Tuned up Bulwark of the Elements.
- Modified attributes of companions and Itumaak.
- Raised the bonus for having fewer than six party members from 5% per character under the limit to 10% per character under the limit.
- Added cooldown to NPC Rogue's Escape ability usage so they won't use it back to back.
- Rebalanced fight difficulty and spell selection for the Old Watcher.
- Lowered the scale of the Defiance Bay reputation by 15%.
- Beloved Spirits adds 0.4 Endurance to Ancient Memory instead of 2.
- Changed duration of the Flagellant's Path defense penalty.
- Adjustments to the Mantle of the Dying Boar.
- Reduced the price of the Brighthollow Hearth and Courtyard Pool.
- Heart of Fury will now apply to all damage types.
- Tuned damage on Brilliant Radiance down.
- Fixed issue with Wizard's summoned magical items getting stuck after save and load. Wizards will be restored to a proper state after loading a game.
- Changed one of the fatigue status effects to not end with combat.
- Fixed save game issues with spells and abilities that place down traps.
- Fixed issue to prevent Ciphers from casting abilities without the required Focus.
- Restored modal flag for Reckless Assault.
- Set Transcendent Suffering to not be combat-only.
- Fixed duration issue with Plague of Insects.
- Fixed companion audio triggers for some status effects.
- Hunting Bows had the wrong speed descriptor. They are now listed as Fast.
- Character Hit Autopause option should be working as intended.
- You can now close the Grimoire and Chant UI with a hotkey.
- Fixed issue with summoning magic items while unarmed.
- Fixed delay issue on Knockdown.
- Fixed a few issues with Dominate and Charm spells.
- Fixed a bad item mod on the Ring of Protection.
- Fixed issue with the Terrible weapon mod.
- Changed bad data in ranger summons.
- Made Takedown to be consistent with Knockdown.
- Fixed multiplier on Blooded.
- Summoned weapons will be removed when Spiritshifting.
- Fixed issue with bouncing reflected melee attacks.
- Party members will no longer switch to different weapons after being Charmed or Dominated.
- Ancient Memory is now Ally only.
- A summoned weapon will not unequip the grimoire.
- Fixed Spellstriking mod.
- Fixed trigger count issue with the Prone reduction mod.
- DOT spells should clean up properly when combat ends.
- Fixed Deflection +10 mod.
- All Exhortations are now combat-only.
- Only play weapon ineffective VO if the attack is hostile.
- Aggrandizing Radiance will now last until combat ends.
- Holy Radiance is now combat-only.
- Carnage now works better.
- Fixed issues with factions and super friend quests with Lady Webb's dialogue.
- Adjusted trigger in front of the Salty Mast to fix a possible way to skip a required cutscene.
- Fixed issue with the Winds of Steel quest line.
- Fixed a trigger outside the First Fires Keep that could have been avoided.
- Many fixes to music, audio, and VFX to a scene near the end of the game.
- The prybar should now display the correct image in the Raedric's Hold moat scripted interaction.
- Changed faction on the Hall of Warrior's containers.
- Fixed scripted music for the forge knight combats in the keep.
- Visual effects in the introduction cutscene should now be triggered properly.
- Fixed conversation of the guards in Raedric's Hold to not repeat.
- Added cape and armor to the loot for the Fampyr boss.
- Fix to Osrya's starting timer not being attached to the trigger in the area.
- Fixed sound issue when collapsing the tutorial UI.
- Fixed issue with double clicking items to equip. This is a retroactive fix and will restore characters with proper stats.
- Fixed issue where camping supplies were disappearing when added to Stash.
- Cage Cursor setting should not turn off after loading a scene or cutscene and is now on by default.
- Fixed cropping on a few portraits.
- Fixed issue with highlighting dead bodies and containers in the fog of war.
- Fixed item stacking issue that was stacking items inappropriately.
- Reduced the intensity of the explored fog of war on the area map, and fixed an issue where the shadow layer was causing the area map to be darker than it should be.
- Small UI updates to the journal screen.
- Reworked the enchanting UI to work better with multiple lines.
- Fixed UI sorting issue in store.
- Fixed UI sorting in crafting menu.
- Fixes to Capitular glyphs in end-game slides.
- Fixed issue with stronghold alert widgets not hiding properly.
- Fixed an issue with weapon mods were incorrectly being displayed in some cases.
- Drag select should work properly when starting the drag over an enemy.
- Fixed a few issues with drag select and formation rotation causing issues when the mouse goes over UI elements.
- Fixed some control issues with holding down keys.
- Shot on the Run recovery value should be now displayed correctly.
- Fixed issues to how the HUD fades out during conversations.
- When the party receives or loses items, those log messages now go to both logs.
- Cleaned up the character sheet formatting and made more items clickable.
- Store item names can now take up two lines.
- Spells now show DT bypass in the description.
- Consumables now show per-Rest and per-Encounter usage limitations.
- Fixed stats issue with saving and loading on the same map where a companion is found. This is a retroactive fix and will restore companions and characters to the proper state.
- Fixed issues with save games in Raedric's Hold, causing the game to not function correctly or freeze.
- Ranger Animal Companions should not disappear anymore and broken animals will be restored after loading and saving the game.
- Fixed possible issues with disappearing items and weapons.
- Minor fixes to a few select voice over lines.
- Fixed size issues with equipped capes on Godlike characters.
- Changed Explorer achievement to check for 152 maps rather than 160.
- Fixed many issues where combat would not end properly.
- Updated credits with more backer names.
- Updated paperdoll level up lighting.
- Scripted music should now be restored properly after loading a game.
- Updated Temple of Eothas render.
- Fixed some rendering issues with Fog of War on some areas.
- Fixed sounds on movie that plays near end of game.
- Reduced antelope feet sliding.
- Fixed issue with weapon caching causing issues when weapons are swapped.
- Interstitial music no longer loops.
- Fixed issue where party members could take damage in cutscenes.
- Fixed voice cues during looting for full inventory.
- Fixed transparency on ghost characters.
- Fixed issues with cutscene pathfinding if the game's process is halted.
- Fixed issue with Expert mode settings getting saved improperly.
- Fixed issue where characters were not properly stopping at the last waypoint of their path.
- Adjusted Skuldr scream vocals.
- We now handle some edge cases in resolution management on some hardware configurations.
- Fixed issue with the party member Knockout achievement not reporting the correct numbers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org