New On Shudder In February 2021: Exclusive Horror Movies, TV Shows, And More
From scary original movies to cult horror classics, here's everything hitting Shudder next month.
Horror streaming service Shudder celebrated its most successful year ever in 2020 and has set itself an ambitious release slate for 2021. The company recently announced that it will release a new movie every week for the next 11 weeks, and February is packed with scary delights for fans to dig into.
That means no fewer than four new, original horror movies will be available next month. A Nightmare Wakes focuses on Frankenstein creator Mary Shelley and her relationship with famed poet Percy Shelley, while After Midnight is the story a young man experiencing weird things in his garden while he deals with the disappearance of his girlfriend. There's also the social media satire Shock, and the nightmarish family chiller The Dark and the Wicked.
The British fantasy series A Discovery of Witches also continues throughout February. The show is based on the All Souls Trilogy of novels by Deborah Harkness, and focuses on the hidden word of witchcraft and magic in Elizabethan London. Season 2 started in January, and episodes will be released weekly in February.
There's also plenty of older scary movies hitting Shudder next month. Fans of Japanese horror will want to check out the super-creepy Whispering Corridors trilogy, namely Whispering Corridors, Memento Mori, and Wishing Stairs, while Takashi Miike's J-horror favorite One Missed Call is also joining the service. There's gory laughs in the early '80s exploitation classic Basket Case, Exorcist author William Peter Blatty's disturbing thriller The Ninth Configuration, and Nicolas Cage delivering one of his most unhinged performances in 1989's bizarre horror comedy Vampire's Kiss
New to Shudder in February 2021
- Audrey Rose (Director: Robert Wise)
- The Queen Of Black Magic (1981) (Director: Liliek Sudjio)
- Vampire’s Kiss (Director: Robert Bierman)
- Head Count (Director: Elle Callahan)
- A Nightmare Wakes
- A Discovery Of Witches
- Night Tide (Director: Curtis Harrington)
- Whispering Corridors (Director: Ki Hyeong Park)
- Memento Mori (Director: Kim Tae Young)
- Wishing Stairs (Director: Jae Yeon Yoon)
- Carmilla (Director: Emily Harris)
- The Strange Color Of Your Body’s Tears (Directors: Hélène Cattet, Bruno Forzani)
- After Midnight
- Joe Bob Put A Spell On You
- Basket Case (Director: Frank Henenlotter)
- The Ninth Configuration (Director: William Peter Blatty)
- Outcast (Director: Colm Mccarthy)
- One Missed Call (Director: Takashi Miike)
- Open 24 Hours (Director: Padraig Reynolds)
- Psychomania (Director: Don Sharp)
- The Dark And The Wicked
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org