New Mario + Rabbids DLC Makes Another Iconic Nintendo Character Playable On Switch
The year of Donkey Kong is truly here.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
Nintendo has revealed more details on the previously confirmed single-player DLC for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. The story expansion will include a a new world and a new character for the Switch game: Donkey Kong.
We don't know too much else about the add-on as yet, but it will be included in the game's £16 / $20 season pass when it launches this spring, though you can also buy the new DLC separately. That season pass has already delivered DLC steampunk weapons and pixelated weapons, while a PvP mode was released as a free add-on in December. You can read more and see some gameplay of that in our in-depth look at how Mario + Rabbids' PvP mode revamps the game. The additional content expands on what was already an accomplished game, which we awarded a 9/10 in our Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle review.
"Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle exudes off-beat optimism that never dissolves," wrote our critic, Edmond Tran. "It's a consistent delight, no matter how challenging the road becomes, because Kingdom Battle's unique turn-based tactics system is in every way a pleasure to engage with. Coupled with the annoyingly infectious allure of Rabbids, and the always delightful, colorful world of the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is an implausibly engrossing formula that is positively challenging and endlessly charming."
Avengers: Infinity War -- Infinity Stones' Locations, Powers, More Explained We Send Doom's Gorgeous Graphics To Hell And Back | Potato Mode Marvel's Spider-Man - Iron Spider Suit Reveal Trailer Worlds Adrift Might Be The Perfect Game For Disappointed Sea Of Thieves Fans Top New Games Releasing This Week on Switch, PS4, And PC -- April 22-28 God Of War PS4 Tips And Guide: 6 Essential Things To Know Before You Play With Fortnite Season 4 Around The Corner, Emergency Broadcast Teases An Update - GS News Update Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery - Official Launch Trailer Marvel's Spider-Man - Second Reveal Pre-Order Trailer The Evolution Of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Series Han Solo Spin-off Star Is Signed On For More Than One Star Wars Movie - GameSpot Universe News Update Free PS4/PS3/Vita PlayStation Plus Games For May 2018 Revealed
The news of the Donkey Kong campaign DLC was revealed during the most recent Nintendo Direct, which you can watch here. Other big announcements include include free Super Mario Odyssey DLC and a Dark Souls remaster for Switch. Mario + Rabbids isn't the only game that'll star the Mario universe's resident gorilla this year: Nintendo also announced that Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming to Nintendo Switch this year. For more, check out our roundup of all the new Nintendo Switch games announced here and see our full coverage through the links below.
- Watch Today's Surprise Nintendo Direct, Which Is All About New Switch Games
- All The New Switch Games Announced At Today's Nintendo Direct
- Dark Souls Remastered Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Switch Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze Port Announced, Release Date Confirmed
- Free Super Mario Odyssey DLC Update Coming To Nintendo Switch, Here's What It Adds
- Zelda Action Game Hyrule Warriors Announced For Nintendo Switch, With Breath Of The Wild Costumes
- New Mario + Rabbids DLC Makes An Iconic Nintendo Favorite Playable On Switch
- Nintendo Switch Re-release Of The World Ends With You Announced
- New Pokken Tournament DX DLC Brings Fresh Characters To Switch Version
- New Nintendo Switch Mario Tennis Game Revealed, Release Window Announced
- Payday 2 Nintendo Switch Release Date Confirmed