New Mario + Rabbids DLC Makes Another Iconic Nintendo Character Playable On Switch
The year of Donkey Kong is truly here.
Nintendo has revealed more details on the previously confirmed single-player DLC for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. The story expansion will include a a new world and a new character for the Switch game: Donkey Kong.
We don't know too much else about the add-on as yet, but it will be included in the game's £16 / $20 season pass when it launches this spring, though you can also buy the new DLC separately. That season pass has already delivered DLC steampunk weapons and pixelated weapons, while a PvP mode was released as a free add-on in December. You can read more and see some gameplay of that in our in-depth look at how Mario + Rabbids' PvP mode revamps the game. The additional content expands on what was already an accomplished game, which we awarded a 9/10 in our Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle review.
"Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle exudes off-beat optimism that never dissolves," wrote our critic, Edmond Tran. "It's a consistent delight, no matter how challenging the road becomes, because Kingdom Battle's unique turn-based tactics system is in every way a pleasure to engage with. Coupled with the annoyingly infectious allure of Rabbids, and the always delightful, colorful world of the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is an implausibly engrossing formula that is positively challenging and endlessly charming."
We Spend 10 Days With Nintendo Switch's First Dedicated Fitness Game Glass Spoiler Review: The Twist Is That It's Bad Shazam - Official Teaser Trailer 2018: The Year That Shook Video Games Fortnite - Hidden Battle Star Location: Season 7 - Week 7 American Gods - Season 2 Official Trailer The First 14 Minutes Of Life Is Strange 2: Episode 2 Celeste - Piano Collections - Scattered And Lost Pikuniku Puzzling And Platforming Gameplay Mortal Kombat 11's Reveal Has Us Hungry For More Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Episode 1 "Brother" Breakdown & Easter Eggs! Knight Fight: Slow Motion Promo
The news of the Donkey Kong campaign DLC was revealed during the most recent Nintendo Direct, which you can watch here. Other big announcements include include free Super Mario Odyssey DLC and a Dark Souls remaster for Switch. Mario + Rabbids isn't the only game that'll star the Mario universe's resident gorilla this year: Nintendo also announced that Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming to Nintendo Switch this year. For more, check out our roundup of all the new Nintendo Switch games announced here and see our full coverage through the links below.
- Watch Today's Surprise Nintendo Direct, Which Is All About New Switch Games
- All The New Switch Games Announced At Today's Nintendo Direct
- Dark Souls Remastered Coming To Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Switch Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze Port Announced, Release Date Confirmed
- Free Super Mario Odyssey DLC Update Coming To Nintendo Switch, Here's What It Adds
- Zelda Action Game Hyrule Warriors Announced For Nintendo Switch, With Breath Of The Wild Costumes
- New Mario + Rabbids DLC Makes An Iconic Nintendo Favorite Playable On Switch
- Nintendo Switch Re-release Of The World Ends With You Announced
- New Pokken Tournament DX DLC Brings Fresh Characters To Switch Version
- New Nintendo Switch Mario Tennis Game Revealed, Release Window Announced
- Payday 2 Nintendo Switch Release Date Confirmed
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com