New Hearthstone Patch Arrives Just Ahead Of Next Expansion
New features, bug fixes, and more.
We'll begin emailing you updates about %gameName%.
With Hearthstone's next expansion, Journey to Un'Goro, slated to arrive very soon, Blizzard has now pushed out a new update for the popular collectible card game.
Starting off, the update lays the groundwork for the upcoming Year of the Mammoth, which starts on April 6 when Journey to Un'Goro comes out. It also adds a new Rogue hero, Maiev Shadowsong, though you can't unlock her until the expansion arrives. Once it does, you need to win 10 standard ranked or casual mode matches to get her.
Elsewhere, today's Hearthstone update introduces the behind-the-scenes groundwork for the upcoming closed beta launch for Fireside Gatherings Tavern. It also introduces a new UI element in the form of a tooltip that shows the number of cards in your hand, while the patch also gives Android users the option to download the game's data directly to an SD card when starting for the first time.
Additionally, there are a number of bug fixes included with today's Hearthstone update. You can see a full rundown of these below, as written and shared by Blizzard.
- Jade Spirit will now correctly appear in searches using the term "Jade Golem."
- When Herald Volazj copies a silenced minion, the copies it creates will now correctly also be silenced.
- Resolved an issue that would make it impossible to cast a spell that costs Health to kill your Hero, even while immune.
- Resolved an issue that would cause casting a 0 mana cost Jade Blossom to still sometimes consume mana.
- Nozdormu's sandstorm visual will no longer persist if he is returned to a player's hand.
- Resolved several minor UI and graphics issues.
Journey to Un'Goro adds 135 new cards to collect, including Quest cards. These are one-mana cards that provide you with a mission to complete over the course of a match for a big reward.
In other news, Blizzard is offering Hearthstone players rewards for logging in each day.