New Gears Tactics Trailer Shows Off Very XCOM-Looking Gameplay
It's like XCOM, but the invaders come from underground in Gears Tactics.
Microsoft had a major showing at The Game Awards 2019: the official reveal of its next-gen console, Xbox Series X. But the studio had games to show off too, such as The Coalition's upcoming strategy game, Gears Tactics. A new trailer was revealed at The Game Awards, and the gameplay looks remarkably like an XCOM game.
Though it was announced at E3 2018, The Game Awards represented our first real look at the game. The trailer for Gears Tactics shows that you'll send Gears into battle against a host of Locust creatures, suggesting it's set during the original Gears trilogy and the war against the Locust, rather than during the time period established in Gears of War 4 and Gears 5. Check out the trailer below.
It's a different approach to that war than we're used to, but Gears Tactics isn't going to skimp on your opportunities to fight for Sera--according to the trailer, it packs a story campaign of 40 hours or more.
It also looks like you can also expect to customize your Gears with various weapons and cosmetic items, so like in the main series, it seems like which weapons you give your Gears will affect their roles and abilities in battle. Gears Tactics is set to release on Xbox One and PC with Windows 10 and Steam, and will launch on Xbox Game Pass, on April 28, 2020.
The Game Awards 2019 News
- The Game Awards Winners Revealed Here
- Xbox Series X Exclusive Details: Say Hello To Microsoft's Next-Gen Console
- Game Awards 2019 News: Next-Gen Xbox Series X, Hellblade 2, And More
- Apex Legends Is Getting A Mirage-Themed, Christmas Event Called Holo-Day Bash
- Xbox Series X: Everything We Just Learned About Microsoft's Next-Gen Console
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake's Game Awards Trailer Focuses On Cloud's Personality