New Friday The 13th Update Out Now On PS4, Xbox One, And PC; Here Are The Patch Notes
A new Jason, map, and more are coming.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Developer IllFonic is releasing a new update for Friday the 13th. The patch is rolling out today, January 30, on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and it introduces several new pieces of content to the multiplayer survival-horror game, including a new Jason, map, and more.
With today's update, IllFonic is adding the Pinehurst map and Jason V from the fifth Friday the 13th film, A New Beginning. Both will be playable in multiplayer and offline with bots. Jason V will be available immediately to all players and can use the following three grab kills: Hedge Trimmer, Last Breath, and You're So Vein. IllFonic has also added a new grab kill, Rugby Player, which can be unlocked at level 108 for 2500 CP.
In addition to the new map and Jason, IllFonic has made an assortment of bug fixes and gameplay adjustments. Most notably, the developer has reduced the number of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that will spawn during a match. Jason players also now begin the match with two more throwing knives, and Jason's speed and grab range have both been "slightly increased."
You can find the full patch notes for the latest Friday the 13th update, courtesy of the game's official forums, below. IllFonic has been rolling our regular updates for the title since it launched; in last month's patch, the developer introduced the ability to play Friday the 13th offline with AI bots. You can read more about the title in GameSpot's Friday the 13th review.
Friday the 13th Patch Notes
Jason Part 5 and Pinehurst
Jason Part 5 and the Pinehurst map are both now available for both Multiplayer and Offline Bots!
Part 5 has no level requirement and has access to the following grab kills:
- Hedge Trimmer
- Last Breath
- You're so Vein
New Unlockable Grab Kill
The grab kill Rugby Player is now available!
The requirements to unlock Rugby Player are:
- Level: 108
- Cost: 2500 CP
Changes and Bug Fixes
- Reduced the amount of Pocket Knives and Medical Sprays that can spawn per match
- Adjusted the amount of available spawns per match for each weapon
- Addressed several issues that were causing players to become interaction locked
- Fixed a bug that caused Bear Traps to disappear when disarmed by a counselor
- Fixed a bug related to the "The Final Chapter" achievement that was causing players to crash
- Jason will now begin each match equipped with 2 additional throwing knives
- Jason's movement speed has been slightly increased
- Jason's grab range and cone has been slightly increased
- Players can once again access the bloody skin for Savini Jason
- Fixed a bug that allowed Jason’s character model to rotate while knocked down
- The grab kills "Free Kick" and "Disarm" will now properly grant Versatile experience
- Fixed a bug where, if a player interacted with a window in a certain way, the window would break and incorrectly cause damage to the player
- Fixed inconsistencies that were appearing in several counselor models
- The Fuse will no longer be able to spawn in the same building as the Phone Box
- Addressed several exploit locations on all maps
- Made adjustments to several locations that were causing the objectives/repair parts spawns to be inaccessible
- Fixed several bugs related to the boat flipping mechanic
- Made many improvements and bug fixes to the bot AI in Offline Bots
- Restart function added to the pause menu in Offline Bots
- Fixed a bug causing the end score screen to incorrectly show badge progression in Offline Bots
- Note: Badges can not be obtained through Offline Bots
- Added servers for South America and Australia [PC]
- Added region auto-detection [PC]
- Players should once again be able to hear the sound of weapons and items being dropped
- The grab kill "Free Kick" will now properly take into account the user's audio settings
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org