New Fallout 4 PC Beta Patch Arrives, See the Changes and Bug Fixes Here
PC players can install update 1.3.45 today.
Bethesda warns that this beta version is a "work in progress." As such, it is advised that players back up their game saves before opting in. Instructions for how to opt in to the beta are available here.
Fallout 4 1.3.45 adds a number of new features, including a new ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+, as well as more weapon debris effects for Nvidia cards. You can also look forward to a status menu for settlers, while Bethesda also says ESDF key remapping support for Workshop mode has been improved.
The update also offers general memory and stability improvements and fixes a number of bugs, including one where a player could warp to a different location when aiming. There are also a number of quest-specific bug fixes and changes. For example, in the "Confidence Man" mission, Bull and Gouger can now be killed.
The full Fallout 4 1.3.45 patch notes are below.
Historically, Fallout 4's patches have arrived first on PC before coming to consoles later. We will let you know when the non-beta version of 1.3.45 is available and will keep you up to date on the status of this patch's release for PS4 and Xbox One.
Fallout 4 1.3.45 Patch Notes
- New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+
- New weapon debris effects (NVIDIA cards only)
- Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
- Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
- Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode
- General memory and stability improvements
- Improved performance when looking through a scope
- Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
- Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
- Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
- Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
- Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
- Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
- Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
- MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
- Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
- Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
- Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
- Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
- Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
- Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
- Robotics expert is now usable in combat
- Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
- Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked
- Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
- Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
- Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
- Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
- Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
- Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
- Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
- In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
- Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
- Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
- After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
- Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
- During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
- In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
- During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
- In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
- Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly
- Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
- Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
- Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
- Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
- Building wires no longer uses up copper
- Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
- Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
- Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
- Diamond City house now shows provided power
- Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
- Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
- Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org