New Dragon Ball FighterZ Character Kefla Is Out Tomorrow For Some
The vegetable puns will never end.
Dragon Ball FighterZ continues to grow its character roster, and new fighter Kefla will be available on February 28. If you have the FighterZ Pass 3, however, you can start playing as her a little earlier, on February 26.
Kefla was introduced in Dragon Ball Super, and she's a fusion of characters Caulifla and Kale because creator Akira Toriyama never tires of vegetable puns. A viciously fast fighter, Kefla makes use of multiple energy attacks and redirection, and her most powerful Super attacks leave very little room for escape.
The FighterZ Pass 3 adds several new characters to Dragon Ball FighterZ. Alongside Kefla, we know Goku's Ultra Instinct form will be available. This means there are now six different versions of Goku available across the game, along with the fusion character Vegito.
Even if you aren't interested in getting the FighterZ pass, Dragon Ball FighterZ is also getting a free update that changes game mechanics significantly. Characters now have selectable Z Assist moves, and Limit-Breaking Power now changes the health gauge's appearance when one character is left while increasing damage and the Ki gauge, as well as reducing the opponent's recoverable health.
Instant Overhead attacks have been nerfed in the update, and won't hit a crouched enemy while they're rising into the air. The Ki charge period has had its recovery reduced and it can deflect Ki blasts, and you'll perform a Super Dash if you do a heavy attack while charging.
Other changes include:
- Fighter can cancel Vanish with Special Move or Super Dash during camera shift
- Dragon Rush can be performed after landing standing light attack
- Powered-up Special Moves now consume only half of Ki gauge
- Attacks hitting sub-characters like Saibamen and Ginyu Force can be canceled
- Can't instantly use Z-Assist after opponent stops blocking
- Removed landing recovery during camera shift for jumping heavy attack