New Diablo Immortal Details Announced
Still no planned release date, but the game is coming.
Blizzard has announced Diablo Immortal will include Ultimate Abilities. Immortal is a mobile spin-off of the mainline Diablo series--which is getting a fourth entry--and part of Blizzard's initiative to produce mobile games for all its series.
"All classes gain charge for their chosen Ultimate by using basic attacks," Blizzard wrote in a blog post. "Once this charge has been built up, players can choose to augment their basic attack for a short time in a face-meltingly powerful display of strength, guile, or raw magical potential."
The post also reveals how Immortal's legendary skill-altering items will work. You can, for example, give your Scorch fireball an icy makeover, change how Exploding Palm both targets enemies and does damage, and cause grenades to be thrown out while using Strafe instead of traditional arrows.
Taking place between the events of Diablo II and Diablo III, Immortal is a multiplayer-focused variation of the franchise's MMO ARPG formula. Blizzard has said you can still play through Immortal solo, but the game's dungeons are designed to be tackled as a group. In-game, you can connect with other players to create a four-person party, and create your character from one of six different classes: Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Necromancer, and Wizard.
In the blog post, Blizzard writes that Immortal has no planned release date "at this time" and wouldn't provide a straight yes or no answer in regards to whether or not Immortal would include microtransactions. Diablo Immortal will release for both Android and iOS devices.
- BlizzCon 2019 News: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, And Everything Else Announced
- New Hero Confirmed For Overwatch 2: Sojourn
- BlizzCon Schedule: Overwatch 2, Diablo 4 Unveiling, And More
- Overwatch 2 Announced, Includes PvP And PvE
- What Overwatch 2 Means For Current Players
- Diablo 4 Announced At BlizzCon 2019
- Diablo 4 Gameplay Trailer Shows The New RPG In Action
- New WoW Shadowlands Expansion Trailer Released At BlizzCon 2019
- Hearthstone Expansion "Descent of Dragons" Announced, Coming In December
- Here's Every Hearthstone "Descent Of Dragons" Card (So Far)
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.