The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
New Critics' Choice Sale On PS5 And PS4 Offers Steep Discounts On Excellent Games
The latest digital sale on PS5 and PS4 has slashed prices on Sekiro, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, The Pathless, and more.
The PS5 is nearly three months out from launch, and with 2021 in full swing, the PlayStation Store is starting to ramp up its digital deals and offers. The Critics' Choice Sale is the latest promotion on the PlayStation Store, adding over 100 more deals on games, bundles, and DLC, and there are some great options available. This is a nice opportunity for PS5 owners to snag deals on both current-gen and last-gen games to play on their new console, but of course, there's plenty here for PS4 owners as well. The Critics' Choice Sale runs until February 18, so be sure to check it out and grab anything on your wishlist before then.
The sale includes several cross-gen games that launched on PS4 and come with free PS5 upgrades, such as Ubisoft's Breath of the Wild-inspired adventure Immortals Fenyx Rising, which is down to $36. You can also nab Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla for $30 and $40, respectively. Meanwhile, Destiny 2's latest major expansion, Beyond Light, is on sale for $26.79, while Mortal Kombat 11's Ultimate Edition is discounted to $36.
One hidden gem in this sale: Annapurna Interactive's The Pathless, which launched alongside the PS5 last November. Though it's also available on PS4, the open-world action-adventure game looks stunning on PS5 and makes full use of the DualSense controller's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. The Pathless is down to $32 (from $40) in this sale, the first discount we can recall seeing on its digital edition.
Best Critics' Choice Sale Game Deals
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla -- $40.19 (
- Batman: Arkham Collection -- $18 (
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare -- $45 (
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light -- $26.79 (
- Doom Eternal -- $19.79 (
- FIFA 21 - Champions Edition -- $20 (
- Final Fantasy XIV - Complete Edition -- $30 (
- Grand Theft Auto V - Premium Edition -- $15 (
- Immortals Fenyx Rising -- $36 (
- Mortal Kombat 11 - Ultimate Edition -- $36 (
- The Pathless -- $32 (
- Rainbow Six Siege - Gold Edition -- $22.74 (
- Red Dead Redemption II -- $30 (
- Resident Evil 2 -- $16 (
- Resident Evil 3 -- $19.79 (
- Resident Evil 7 -- $10 (
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - GOTY Edition -- $39 (
- Spelunky 2 -- $14 (
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order -- $19.79 (
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 -- $30 (
- Watch Dogs Legion -- $30 (
Some of the best game of the past console generation are also seeing major markdowns this week, including our 2019 Game of the Year, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The latest game from Dark Souls developer From Software has dropped to $39 this week, and you'll get its Game of the Year Edition with bonus DLC. Resident Evil 7 is down to 10 bucks and is an excellent pick-up for those who missed it and want to play Resident Evil Village. You can also snag Red Dead Redemption II for $30, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 for $30, and both Doom Eternal and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order for just under $20 each.
There's more than what we've mentioned here, so you can check out the full Critics' Choice Sale on the PlayStation Store below. There are other sales happening right now on PS5 and PS4 as well. For those on a tight budget, the Games Under $20 sale is still running until this Thursday, February 4, while the Remasters and Retros sale is available until February 11, offering steep discounts on games like Devil May Cry HD Collection and Gravity Rush Remastered.
Best Deals And Sales This Week
- Today Only: Get A Super-Fast 1TB SSD For Just $100
- Best Gaming Deals On Friday: Persona 5 Strikers For $40, Monster Hunter Rise For $50, And More
- GameStop's Big Spring Sale Is Live Now
- 9 Free PS4 And PSVR Games Up For Grabs Now
- More Than 600 Xbox Games Discounted In Massive Spring Sale
- Animal Crossing Build-A-Bear Collection Sold Out, More Coming Soon