New Code Vein Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
Add a Halloween look to your created Code Vein character.
Bandai Namco has revealed a new Code Vein update, which is available now on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The version 1.10 update introduces Halloween-themed content, difficulty reduction options, various bug fixes, and more.
Just in time the spooky season, Code Vein will receive some additions to its character creator, including Halloween-themed color palettes and face paints, as well as new accessories and hair functionality. The update will also change exploration and battle systems, giving you the option to lock the direction of the mini-map and turn off damage screen effects when near death.
Code Vein's version 1.10 update also allows you to reduce the difficulty of New Game Plus. Elsewhere, the update addresses various bug issues, such as application errors and enemy movement.
In our Code Vein review, we said, "Code Vein adopts the Souls-like formula in its structure, presenting a familiar cycle of progression and basic combat similarities, and there are some interesting ideas here, too, built around the use of various Blood Codes and their distinct Gifts. You can see the fragments of a fantastic game hidden within these systems and its meaty combat feedback, but the mundanity of its enemies and the effect they have on nullifying the combat's enjoyment prevent Code Vein from ever realizing its potential."
Full Code Vein Patch Notes
- New creation accessories, color palettes and face paints, Halloween-themed.
- New function for hair parts that allows to use as left-right symmetry.
- Character creation data can be available at the camp.
- Extensions can be made symmetrical.
- Adjustments to accessory costs.
- Add option to lock the direction of radar mini-map.
- Trial of Blood only occurs a second time when the dropped item is picked up.
- Option to turn off exploration conversation.
- Pop up message appears when the player is afflicted with status effect.
- Option to turn off damage screen effects when player is about to die.
- Ichor can be collected from sandbags at the camp.
- Option to reduce difficulty which has been raised in new game plus.
- Buddies can be changed at the Mistle.
- Some item icons are adjusted.
- Fixed application errors on the following conditions: Moving to event scenes with specific Blood Veil; Guarding continuously right after pushing confirm button in front of a closed-door; Rebooting the game on Steam after moving to sleep mode during launching the game.
- Fixed matching facility while using keywords on Steam.
- Adjusted battle effects.
- Adjusted enemy’s movement.
- Fixed other minor issues.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.