New Cadence Of Hyrule Update Fixes Several Game-Breaking Exploits
Keep on dancing.
Crypt of the Necrodancer speedrunner wilarseny posted the patch notes for the update on Reddit. In terms of new features, the update gives Cadence of Hyrule achievements, leaderboard categories for co-op play, and a Beat Rumble option--the latter of which causes your controller to vibrate to the beat of the music to better help you time your movements.
There are several bug fixes in the update as well, the most notable of which is the removal of an issue that "could cause enemies to take an extra move when the song looped." The update also removes some game-breaking exploits, like picking up a bomb even after it had exploded and preventing Ganon from refilling his health by skipping cutscenes during his boss battle. The full patch notes are outlined below.
Cadence Of Hyrule Update 1.0.2 Patch Notes
- Added achievements
- Added leaderboard categories for co-op. If co-op is used at any point during a run, the run will become a "co-op" run for leaderboard purposes
- Added more granularity to time-based leaderboard scores
- Added a "Beat Rumble" option, that gently vibrates the controller on the beat
- Added "(<character> only)" flyaway when a player picks up a weapon their character cannot currently use
- Added collision in several areas to prevent map escapes and dungeon skips
- Added an option to see the credits from the main menu
- Adjusted enemy movement behaviour when an enemy is being pushed against a wall by wind
- Adjusted player movement behaviour when holding an object while being pushed by wind
- Adjusted player movement behaviour when pushing an object while sliding on ice
- Added an option to change some HUD elements to improve readability for colour-blind players
- Changed HUD elements to grey-out when the player does not have enough stamina for that action
- Prevent giving out dagger/shortsword in "Flawless Victory" blue chest
- Fixed a bug that could cause enemies to take an extra move when the song looped
- Fixed a bug where bombs could be lifted after they had exploded, with unintended results
- Fixed a bug where game time would continue to count up if the console was put to sleep or quit to the home menu
- Fixed a bug where skipping the cutscene between phases of the Ganon battle could prevent him from refilling his health
- Many other bug fixes
Cadence of Hyrule is available for Nintendo Switch. In GameSpot's Cadence of Hyrule review, James O'Connor wrote, "Cadence of Hyrule is a fantastic Zelda game in its own right, even though it adopts the gameplay mechanics of another series. Beyond the aesthetics, it nails the satisfying sense of exploration and increasing power, and it revels in the joy of discovery, as all the best Zelda games do. It's an extremely successful melding of two great game series and an experience that makes you feel eager for Nintendo to do more interesting things with their major licenses."
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com