New Battlefront 2 Update Now Live; Patch Notes Reveal Major Darth Vader Nerf
Strong in the Force is Vader. But not that strong.
Update: The February 12 update for Star Wars Battlefront II is now live. It implements a much needed nerf for Darth Vader and also fixes several bugs associated with new playable characters BB-8 and BB-9E. Our original story follows.
The most recent update to Star Wars Battlefront II added the pair of BB droids, the lovable BB-8 and his evil First Order doppelganger BB-9E. But no droid rolls off the assembly line bug-free, so DICE has announced plans for an upcoming patch that will make some adjustments to the droids among other fixes and balance changes.
The patch notes mention fixes for the BB units having the wrong voiceover lines, and for Grevious' Claw Rush move sometimes draining opponent stamina. The MC85 Star Cruiser and Resurgent-Class Star Destroyer are both getting improvements to collision detection, visual effects, and lighting.
Some balance changes are coming as well. Those include Battle Point gain reduced by 50% for the Ovissian Gunner, Caphex Spy, Sith Trooper, and First Order Jet Trooper, aligning them with other Reinforcement units. The big bad Darth Vader himself is getting a big bad nerf as well, with damage reduction going from 75% down to 20%.
The update is set to go live on Wednesday, February 12 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. You can check the times and full patch notes below.
Star Wars Battlefront II February 12 Patch Times
- PC: 4 AM ET / 1 AM PT
- PS4: 5 AM ET / 2 AM PT
- Xbox One: 6 AM ET / 3 AM PT
Star Wars Battlefront II February 12 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where the boarding cinematic would be visible when completing the final objective on any of the Capital Ships on Jakku.
- Fixed an issue that would allow the First Order Jet Trooper to dash more than 2 times.
- Fixed an issue where spamming both the main fire and secondary fire keys for BB-8 would drain the stamina quickly, without dealing the appropriate amount of damage
- Fixed an issue where BB-8’s Spinner Star Card would grant 20 seconds of cooldown reduction, instead of 10, on Epic rarity.
- Fixed an issue where there would be no audio playing when inspecting the BB-8 and BB-9E Voice Lines in the Front End menu.
- Fixed an issue where BB-8 and BB-9E would eventually play the wrong VO lines when they were disrupted.
- Various collision, VFX and lighting improvements on the MC85 Star Cruiser and Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
- Lowered the heat cost for the spool-up functionality on the Heavy Trooper’s Sentry abilities.
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous’ Claw Rush could completely drain the stamina of an opponent.
- Reduced the gain in Battle Points by 50% for the Ovissian Gunner, Caphex Spy, Sith Trooper and First Order Jet Trooper, to be consistent with the other Reinforcements.
- Made improvements to resolve issues with hit registration, despite dodging Lightsaber and melee attacks
- Fixed an issue that would block the VO from the emotes of the Republic Officer on Kamino or Geonosis.
- Fixed a localization issue with the message “First Order Jet Trooper Available” being too long for the kill screen in Japanese.
- Made improvements to resolve visual issues with textures popping-in, when transporting to the capital ships on Jakku, Takodana and Ajan Kloss.
- Lowered the damage reduction on Darth Vader while using Choke from 75% to 20%.
- Updated the mode description for Ewok Hunt.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.