New Battlefield 4 PC patch fixes some bugs, introduces new ones
Latest Battlefield 4 PC patch fixes a handful of bugs, and seems to cause a couple of new errors.
The latest patch for Battlefield 4 on PC has fixed the "kill trading" bug, alongside the sound loop error and a bug related to the China Rising expansion's SUAV not exploding properly.
The phenomenon of kill trading, or when two players seem to die at the same time after shooting at each other, has had the time window of being able get a kill after death decreased for players with higher latencies, which should alleviate the situation for many players.
Since releasing the update, players have been reporting two new bugs. "We have noticed that players who have SLI enabled on their graphics card may experience graphical flickering. Also, we're looking into the issue where the revive bar would get stuck on-screen in some instances. Both of these have our attention, and we're investigating them," said DICE.
DICE's full patch notes for its December 16 update:
- Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
- Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
- Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details).
- Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
- Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
- Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
- Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
- Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
- Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
- Made NVidia 331.82 or later driver versions mandatory for all players.
- Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
- Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
- Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
Every 10/10 Game In GameSpot's History Naughty Dog Boss Talks PS5 & PlayStation History - GS News Update Final 2019 State Of Play Stream Coming Soon - GS News Update Destiny 2 - Where Is Xur? Exotic Vendor Location Guide (12/6 - 12/10) Netflix In December 2019 - Best New Movies And TV Shows To Watch! Why Is The Revolver So Iconic? - Loadout The Mandalorian Episode 5 - All The Star Wars Easter Eggs in Chapter 5 "The Gunslinger" Pokemon-Inspired MMO Temtem Launches In 2020 - GS News Update Battle Us In Pokemon Sword and Shield! | GameSpot Community Fridays Fortnite: Where To Search The Hidden XP Drop In Loading Screen (Chaos Rising Challenge) Temtem - Gameplay Overview & Early Access Announcement Trailer 10 New Games Will Be Announced At The Game Awards - GS News Update
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email email@example.com