New Assassin's Creed Movie Trailer Delivers Non-Stop Action
"You no longer exist."
A new trailer for the upcoming game adaptation Assassin's Creed has landed. The movie hits theaters in December, and this latest trailer features plenty of spectacular action--plus lots of jumping. Watch it below:
Assassin's Creed is directed by Justin Kurzel, and stars Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Jeremy Irons, Brendan Gleeson, and Michael Kenneth Williams. A new poster has also been released--check it out at the bottom of this story.
Last month it was revealed that, unlike the games, the majority of the movie will take place in the modern day. For the scenes that are set in 15th century Spain, Fassbender and others will speak in Spanish. Kurzel has stated that he experimented with the actors speaking in English during the historical scenes before settling on the native tongue. It adds an "exoticness and richness to the film," he told Total Film Magazine (via GamesRadar).
As announced previously, 65 percent of Assassin's Creed takes place in the modern day, with the remaining 35 percent in the past. In the Assassin's Creed game series, most of the action typically takes places in historical periods such as Colonial America, the French Revolution, and the Renaissance, among others.
Regarding the present day/past percentage split, lead actor Michael Fassbender previously explained why the film is structured the way it is.
"There are certain things that we absolutely want to respect in the game," he said. "But we also want to bring new elements to the game [...] This isn't a video game that we're making. We're trying to make a cinematic experience, so there are new things that we have to introduce."
As for the Assassin's Creed game series, there won't be a new entry in the mainline series this year. However, Ubisoft will release the Ezio Trilogy for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in November.
Assassin's Creed hits theaters on December 21, 2016.
Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email firstname.lastname@example.org