New Apex Legends Season 6 Hotfix Patch Nerfs Devotion
In order to begin addressing some of the bugs and balancing issues that have popped up at the start of Apex Legends Season 6: Boosted, Respawn has released a new hotfix update.
With Apex Legends Season 6: Boosted well underway, Respawn has released a hotfix update to address some of the early concerns that players have noticed. Of note, the Devotion is getting a much-needed nerf.
In the patch notes for the hotfix, Respawn writes that the overall number of Devotions and Turbocharger hop-up attachments that spawn on the map are being reduced. The damage from each Devotion bullet is also being lowered from 17 to 16 and the overall recoil of the LMG is being increased.
Respawn notes that "these are quick changes we can make now" and adds that players can expect "more adjustments to Devotion that take more time to do will come later."
One of the LMGs that has been available in Apex Legends since launch, the Devotion was ultimately rotated out of the general loot pool and into care packages given how overpowered the weapon was in the in-match meta. It has remained a care package weapon for a few seasons now, but got a few adjustments and switched places with the R-99 at the start of Season 6, putting the Devotion back into the general loot pool and putting the R-99 into care packages.
However, even with some adjustments, the Devotion is still one of the strongest firearms in the game, especially in the hands of Season 6's new character, Rampart, whose passive ability allows her to fire LMGs longer and reload them faster and whose tactical ability amplifies the damage of all firearms. This hotfix should address how overpowered the Devotion is, but it may still not be enough. It's a really powerful gun.
The new hotfix update also addresses a few troublesome bugs that were popping up in Apex Legends with the release of the new season and reduces the number of gold helmets, backpacks, and knockdown shields that spawn on World's Edge. You can see all the changes in the patch notes, which are listed below.
Apex Legends August 20 Hotfix Patch Notes
Addresses the following:
- Rampart Amped Wall client error in softened gore locales
- Fix a server error causing immediate disconnects when Rampart puts down a wall
- Fix an error caused in some instances where a player is on Rampart's turret when it is destroyed
- Issue around specific Bloodhound skin getting a stretched neck while using Rampart turret. We are still working on this issue for Lifeline's Guardian Angel skin
- Rampart's "Boom" finisher line from playing across the map
- Kill stat tracking for R-99 not displaying properly
Additionally, we are publishing a playlist update later today to do the following:
- Reduce Devotion damage [17 -> 16] , and increases recoil - these are quick changes we can make now, more adjustments to Devotion that take more time to do will come later.
- Reduce number of Devotions and Turbochargers spawned
- Reduced number of gold helms, gold backpacks and gold incap shields
Apex Legends News
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.