Netflix's Locke & Key Gets Its First Spooky Trailer
The IDW comic book is series is coming to Netflix on February 7.
It's been a long road for the Locke & Key comic book series to become a TV show, but we're less than a month away from its release on Netflix. As promised, the first trailer for the upcoming series has arrived, after a teaser dropped for the show.
The tone of the trailer is a bit different from what we saw in the recent teaser, which leaned towards horror. The trailer is a bit more fantasy-heavy, which completely works with the tone of the original comic book series. It has an '80s-adventure movie vibe to it that's very fitting for the story. Check it out for yourself below.
Locke & Key follows a widowed mother and her three children as they move into their ancestral home after the father of the family is killed. Known as Keyhouse, the house holds secrets, including keys with mystical powers that have a connection to the deceased father. There is also a powerful force trying to steal the keys from the children. The IDW comic book was written by Joe Hill and features art by Gabriel Rodriguez.
Locke & Key cast:
- Darby Stanchfield (Scandal) as Nina Locke
- Jackson Robert Scott (It and It: Chapter 2) as Bode Locke
- Connor Jessup (American Crime) as Tyler Locke
- Emilia Jones (Horrible Histories) as Kinsey Locke
- Bill Heck (The Ballad of Buster Scruggs) as Rendell Locke
- Laysla De Oliveira as Dodge
- Thomas Mitchell Barnet as Sam Lesser
- Griffin Gluck (American Vandal) as Gabe.
The series is executive produced by Carlton Cuse, Meredith Averill, Aron Eli Coleite, Joe Hill, Chris Ryall, and many others between Netflix, IDW, and the production companies Circle of Confusion and Take 5.
Locke & Key arrives on Netflix on February 7, 2020.